9. Trail of tears

It is now morning and y/n was the first to wake up before Daryl so they could go over to where everyone else was.

They get to farm house where Carl was being treated by a man named Hershal.
He had two daughters named Maggie and Beth.

Y/n walked into the house and was looking for Carl as soon as she found him she cried.

Carl was sleeping when y/n walked in, she sat in the chair Rick was in when they first arrived. Sadly Otis had died
back when him and Shane went to get medical supplies for Hershal to operate on Carl.

Outside Daryl had parked his bike away and went to see where y/n had went.

Rick stopped him, "Give her time right now." Daryl did what Rick said and gave y/n space. Y/n held Carl's hand and just looked at him. She patted his head and kissed him on the forehead. "Brave boy" was the last thing she said and left the room.

Everyone is outside having a funeral for Otis. "Blessed be God, father of our lord Jesus Christ. Praise be to him for the gift of our brother Otis, for his span of years, for his abundance of character; Otis, who gave his life to save a child's, now more than ever, our most precious asset. We thank you, God, for the peace he enjoys in your embrace. He died as he lived, in Grace. Shane, will you speak for Otis?" Shane steps up.

"We were about done. Almost out of ammo. We were down to pistols by then. I was limping. It was bad. Ankle all swollen up. "We've got to save the boy." See, that's what he said." Shane said placing a rock on the grave.

Dale had finished signing to y/n. Y/n could see the look in Shanes eyes that he had gone crazy.

Daryl goes up to y/n and signs 'you okay', all she does is look in his eyes and puts her head on his chest. Daryl flinches but doesn't move. Dale goes to give them privacy. Daryl still just stands there wondering what to do. Hesitantly he wrapped his arms around her.

She felt Daryl's arms around her and she did the same thing.'Wow she's actually huggin' me'. Daryl thought to himself and y/n the same, and both hearts beating fast. Sadly they both let go.

"This is perfect. We can finally get this thing organized."

"We'll grid the whole area, start searching in teams." "Not you"

"You gave three units of blood"

"You wouldn't be hiking five minutes in this heat before passing out."

"And your ankle... Push it now, you'll be laid up a month, no good to anybody."

Hershal, Rick, and Shane were all talking about how they finally have a map to get a better way to find Sofia.

"Guess it's just me. I'm gonna head back to the creek, work my way from there." Daryl said getting his crossbow.

Y/n tapped his shoulder 'im going with you' "ight I'll wait." Y/n goes and gets her bow that she had set down in the kitchen. Rick comes up to Daryl seeing him watch her go in the house.

"You like her don't ya." "What" Daryl turned to Rick surprised. "Oh come on don't think I didn't know." "Know what."
"The way you look at her, practice signing, fixing her hearing aids, and how you were in Atlanta."

"That don't mean nothin" "Do you really believe that."

Daryl thinks for a minute and walks off pissed that Rick spoke facts to him.

Y/n found her bow and put her hair in two braids, then walked out the house looking for Daryl.

Rick pointed to where Daryl walked off to and y/n jogged to him.