Chapter 7

Renjun's Pov

Three weeks have passed by since I started living in this new place. I have gotten used to a lot of things. Firstly, many suspicious looking men in fancy suits keep entering the house everyday. Obviously I'm not allowed to get out of my room unless I'm called for or if I need something which Sungchan listens to. Though there was one time when I sneaked out of my room, I was hungry. I needed something to quiet my stomach but the moment I stepped out of my room, I kept hearing multiple gunshots and loud swearing. Scared of getting caught I quickly ran back to my room, but I remember making the slightest eye contact with the boss and my foot slipped but before I could fall, I quickly found balance and continued running.

All I could think about the next few days were how terrifying his expression was at that moment, and the smirk that formed after, while he was still shooting someone, was bone chilling. I couldn't sleep properly while that scene kept playing in my head again and again, repeatedly.

I thought he would do something since I witnessed something I shouldn't have, maybe more rules or threats, or shoot me right there and then, but he hasn't said a word. Honestly it's better this way, having nightmares is already enough, I'm not sneaking out again.

I forgot about it sometime later and have been quietly living with the only thought of getting done here as soon I can.

Today, there's more guests but it's a woman with a kid, and I've never seen a woman nor a kid in this house before.

[Jeongyeon is 26, Jisung is 15, Jaehyun is 24 and Renjun is 21]

Just when I was gonna ask if they were his wife and son, Sungchan spoke "Stop whatever you are thinking, I know this is a rare sight here and they look real close but it's because they're siblings"

"What about the kid?"

"Their youngest sibling"

I nodded in understanding.

"Do I have something on my face? She keeps staring at me"

"Maybe she got the gist too"

"About what," I asked curiously.

Sungchan leans his head and whispers,

"Wouldn't you know better,"  making me shiver as I step away from him hurriedly.

Ugh this guy

When I met eyes with the boss, I saw him glaring and throwing daggers at me. I flinched, he usually doesn't look at me even if we are in the same room. Maybe I got him mad. I sighed.

No one's Pov

"Even if you're my little bro, crazy rich and super caring about me and Jisung, I still can't accept your money," Jeongyeon's tone firm.

"This is not dirty money, it's from businesses operating with legal licenses,"  Jaehyun not wanting to back down either.

"Cool! But I earn appropriate amount for Jisung's school and both of us to be able to get decent food on our table"

"Then throw it somewhere like clothes or make up"

Jeongyeon crosses her arms and leans forward, "Listen I'm already proud of you that you gave up your childhood for my education and paid my fees with your money so it's for your sake too, why don't you stop your with guns and gang shit and come live with us, we will be happy together, plus I can't always bring Jisung here it's too dangerous for him."

..

"..No, I've been in this for too long and I can't stop in the middle, I'm... not-"

"Jisung, where are you going?," Jeongyeon sighs while leaning back, "I knew this conversation would end like this," "Well then don't give too much, my duty carries on 24/7, so I barely have time for shopping or anything else,"

"By the way I've been meaning to ask you," Jeongyeon's gaze stops on Renjun.

"Is she your type?"

"Wh-What!," Jaehyun spits out his tea.

"You've been glaring at her back and forth"

"No I'm not, you were the one staring at her as if she's some unknown species"

"Did I, hm she does catch your eye," "I mean you have that condition around women so it's hella surprising to see a girl near you except me, can I go introduce myself," Jeongyeon perks up.

"Do whatever you want," Jaehyun groans while wiping his mouth.

a/n: this must be boring for yall, but the plot in my head is outlined in this way only, I'm not gonna change it either, so yeah have a happy reading╰(*°▽°*)╯