Chapter 8

Renjun's Pov

I saw this kid running towards me, his blonde hair bouncing as he does and his cheeks puffed up.

He halts in front of me and starts spiraling around me.

What's  wrong with this kid

"Pretty noona~ pretty noona~," he chants.

"Indeed! Can I ask for pretty noona's name?"

The woman whom I just found is the boss's sibling asks with a smile.

"Renjun," I timidly told her.

"Are you Jaehyun's girlfriend?"

"S-Sorry?!"

That question was out of nowhere, I almost tripped on nothing.

"Oh are you not my bad"

She apologizes but doesn't look apologetic at all.

"Then what are you doing in a place full of mafia with guns and no brains"

"Uh..," I glance at the boss to help me but he mouths "Tell her the truth and tonight I'll end you"

What's his problem? That asshole is no help at all

"She's here cuz-," Sungchan was gonna speak but he got cut off as she threw her purse on his face, I internally wheezed, I don't know why but that was funny.

"Who asked you"

Her purse has good use but I don't wanna be next. I need to choose my words carefully.

"I-I'm the gardener," I give her a hesitant smile, it's believable right.

"Jaehyun doesn't have a garden"

"Huh! Uh ye-yeah not now, but he told me he's planning to create one, so I'm h-here for its planning and maintenance," Geez for how long is this gonna go on, I shouldn't have been here in the first place.

She keeps looking at me as if she knew what I said was a horrendously bad lie.

..

Then she starts laughing as if I just cracked a joke.

"Why don't I see you off now, I'm a busy man," Boss puts a hand on her shoulder and soon gets hit by her purse too, he groans in pain.

She looks back at me, "So naive!," She takes my hands in hers and looks into my eyes as if she found a sack of gold.

"We will meet soon again, oh and my name's Jeongyeon and that's my baby bro Jisung," I nod in confusion.

She seems nice, nicer than all the people I've met before here.

Jaehyun's Pov

I prepared well for tonight's date with my beautiful Zara. I don't wanna admit it but she's good at such things. She gave me exact pointers on how I should act around Zara. My talking form, my body mannerisms, even the way I dress are always completely different around Zara than how I usually do. Even though at times this change annoys me, but as long as I can get Zara's attention, I'm willing to do it.

We've been going on dates a lot. The moment I'm free I won't forget asking her out on a date and tonight's way too special, her birthday.

I asked her if it was okay to tell me her age and she said she was gonna turn thirty four this year. I didn't really think much about it, she did look older though ten years shouldn't be much right. No, maybe it is a lot, it definitely is but by even the smallest of a chance, if we clicked then it shouldn't be a matter of concern.

right?

I offered to celebrate her birthday in my newly opened club located in a very expensive district. She immediately gave me a yes.

I booked a private room for us where we'll enjoy ourselves without any interruption from outside.

I was waiting for her and when she entered my breath hitched at her beauty. She looked gorgeous in her gown. 

[Zara's dress]

Meanwhile I wore a beige linen suit.

[Jaehyun's suit]

She sat down beside me giving me a cocky smile as she noticed my stare.

"Happy birthday gorgeous," she gives me a small smile "Thanks"

She looks around looking amazed at my business.

"This whole thing is yours?"

"Yeah," I'm proud to say yes.

"Nice," Suddenly she lays her hands open in front of me.

Confused by her actions, I ask "What?"

"Um my gift duh," "Where is it?"

"Uh I didn't get anything for you, I thought this much would be enough," I saw her face droop down.

"If it's not enough then tell me right now, what you want, I can get you anything," Her face immediately brightened as if she came back to life.

"Really, I like you so much," before I could reply she started again "Yeah so there's some really pretty boots that I wanted to buy for so long and there's this super hot Gucci dress, also the matching Chanel bag that feel like I'm craving for it right now"

She went on and on about things I don't care about but maybe I'll have to do from now on.

I had a fun time, really so much fun with Zara. She kept going on and on about all the things she wanted and asked me to buy her. I liked seeing her smile and laugh at me even though I never made any jokes. I like her, I really do.

..

I do

..

I

don't get it,

then why,

why am I here,

on top of this person,

Renjun