Chapter 12

No one's Pov

Jaehyun has asked Renjun to accompany him to a party. It's more of a gathering of businessmen and mafia gangs and he needs someone to act as a partner not particularly a romantic one, someone within the disguise of a friend or an acquaintance will also work.

He did think about asking Zara but it's a given she won't like these parties, she's more childlike despite her age and most definitely will ditch it and end up in a club. As much as he is willing to please her and do everything her way, these parties need his presence because his mafia group needs the connections, solidify relationships with existing ones, and make new potential allies for the future.

It's not like Jaehyun wants to replace Zara with Renjun or anything. In his head he has made up the reason that he's worried about leaving her in a mansion full of men and even though he is the boss, and nobody will dare to go against his commands he doesn't want her to be alone, or this is just an excuse and he has no idea why he keeps wanting to see her, maybe now he likes talking to her and having her accompanying him wouldn't be such a bad idea.

It's finally time to head out for the party.

Jaehyun commands Sungchan to drop her in a different car, and he'll leave first.

Jaehyun drives off in silence, thoughts of a certain someone not leaving his head. He sighs after reaching the destination.

He checks his appearance one last time in the rearview mirror. He looks good, he admits. His suit, his face, everything is perfect. Now he gotta get out there and charm all those boring people. He gets out of the car and enters the party venue. The moment he does, all eyes are on him, why won't they, he is the leader of the most terrifying mafia gang. He holds a huge amount of power and within a blink he could also kill all these important people.

Jaehyun doesn't really need to do anything, he gives one glance to anyone and they will instantly run after him for his approval. But Jaehyun isn't so generous to let everyone be on his good side so easily. He needs to know how useful these pea-brained businessmen are gonna be for him otherwise not even another thought for them in his head.

He notices a familiar voice and recognizes it as his business partner and good friend Johnny.