Chapter 15

No one's Pov

That night Renjun didn't eat and locked himself in his room without a word to anyone. Jaehyun returns back from his work and the first thing in his mind is Renjun the moment he enters the house. After taking a quick shower he changes out of his suit into a set of comfortable clothes. His feet move straight towards her room, Sungchan informs him that she didn't eat and has been quiet in her room. Jaehyun without missing a second asks Sungchan to give him the key to her room.

He quietly sneaks inside Renjun's room and kneels beside her bed. He sighs softly as he takes in Renjun's features, admiring her beauty.

"I am so tired, why didn't you wait for me, I wanted to have dinner together"

As Jaehyun believed she was a heavy sleeper cuz she didn't wake up last time when he was here. He thought of something. He quietly sneaked on the bed, laying beside Renjun.

"Hm that was easy"

He gets closer to Renjun and when he tries to pull her in an embrace, he hears her whimpering. He immediately backs away.

"I-I'll just say, my room's too far, and yeah.., no this is my house, I can be whenever and wherever I want to be," "...Is she not awake anymore??"

Jaehyun tries to get close once more and she whimpers again. Jaehyun, now confused, turns on the light and when his eyes land on Renjun, he instantly inches closer to get a good look of what he saw was real. Renjun's cheek on one side show a hue of deep red and swollen as well as her arms and the side of her neck. She was breathing hard and sweating all over.

Jaehyun wasted no time and carried her in his arms gently. He got out and walked towards his room ordering Sungchan to call his personal doctor, who's none other than his older sister, Jung Jeongyeon.

He carefully places her on his king sized bed. One look at her and his chest aches seeing her in so much pain. How did she end up in such a state and get hurt so much? The bruises don't look accidental but more like being done by a person on purpose, with clear intentions to hurt her but who?

No way any of his men would dare to touch her cuz they know that would end real bad for them so who is scatterbrained enough to pull such a stupid move under his watch. Sungchan wasn't here either so he wouldn't know, and she isn't allowed to get out so the only possibility could be an outsider.

Finally Jeongyeon reaches his house.

"This kid.., my sleeping schedule is already messed up, why is he so keen on messing it up more, this better be worth my time, Jaehyun!"

"Sis.., it's Renjun, please have a look at her"

"What! Outta my way," She hurriedly lunges forward and takes a good look at the bruises on her.

"How is it sis? Will she be okay soon?"

"Dang this is clearly done by someone with bad intentions, what are you a mafia boss for if you can't even protect one tiny person"

Jaehyun frowns at this, and starts rubbing his hair in frustration. Meanwhile Jeongyeon carefully tends to the bruises.

"Poor one," She can't help but feel pity for Renjun "And you, let her rest properly and don't make her do anything against her own will," She says to her brother who is sitting on the bed opposite to Jeongyeon and can't keep his eyes off Renjun "Yeah I will"

"I've done my part, now I'll hand over the baton to you," Jeongyeon says before she heads off.

"Uh yes Mam"

Jaehyun needs to find out the one responsible for such inhumane actions. He remembers the security cameras, then he glances at Sungchan. Sungchan understood immediately, "It will be done by tomorrow evening boss," and heads off with a bow. Jaehyun now goes to his room and lays beside Renjun but because she's hurt, he doesn't dare to give more pain. He'll quietly sleep without giving her any discomfort.

Renjun's Pov

Is it morning already? I don't feel like getting up, my body aches so much. I wish I was at home doing nothing but sleeping at my own will. I wish I could just be like this a bit more but if the devil's call comes then who would take pity on me, no one but me. I try to lift myself up but it's as if a strong force isn't letting me. I feel something moving along my body, what is this a nightmare? Why can't I move?

I open my eyes, and I can't see beyond whatever this darkness is. I felt this thing groan making me flinch. I lifted my head up and I couldn't believe the sight before me.

"S-Sir!" I jumped back holding a whimper threatening to come out my mouth as the pain made me weak. I looked at the bruises patched up. "Did he do this? No, why would he. But then this is not my room"

He slowly opens his eyes and leans closer to me, "You are not allowed to do anything except getting squished against my chest"

"Wh-What?!"

"As you heard it," He brings me closer to him.

"I-I don't know how I got here, if I c-caused you trouble I'm really sorry," and before I could beg for forgiveness anymore, he puts his hand on my head and gently pats it.

"You idiot, you are not causing me trouble, now stop or my brain is gonna wreck and I'll end up breaking everything," He threatens as he continues patting my head. Without realizing, I fall back to sleep.

What a nice dream..

Wish it was real..

Jaehyun's Pov

When I finally saw what happened through the security camera footage, I couldn't believe my eyes.

Zara? No way?? How can she be like this??

She's like a completely different person here.

Did I take her character completely wrong? But for real even though she is childish, for her to be acting violently like this, I had never imagined. She was nice and fun with me.

If she went to my house more than once, why did nobody inform me, and how the hell did she get my address? I never told her about my work nor my address. This is getting crazy. I held my head in my hands trying to connect anything that made sense but none did.

But by replaying the video again and again I understood two things. First, Zara is not who I thought she was and second..

I have feelings for Renjun that go further beyond my interest towards Zara.

a/n: Did this ease the pain from last chapter?

Have a nice day!