3 - Cycle

Things like this kept happening over and over again (Stayc!). It's like a cycle. I wake up only to realize that Yeonjun is not in the house. He always come home late or not come home at all. It has come to the point where I began doubting him, doubting us. This has been happening for a month already.

Did he fall out of love for me? Was he just using me? Or worse, did he even love me... at all?

Just as I was thinking I suddenly got a call from Yeonjun. Of course I picked it up.

"H-hey Yeonjun!"

"Y/N, go get ready okay? My parents asked me to invite you for dinner tonight. I'll pick you up at 5."

"Okay Junnie." He was about to hang up but a spark of questions suddenly came up in my mind, longing to be answered.

"Wait! Don't hang up yet. I have questions. Where are you going these days? W-why are you always waking up early, and coming home late? O-or not even coming home at all? I'm pretty sure you have no work yet since you told me that you were going to take a year without work to relax when you graduated college."

"It's hard to explain. I'll answer your questions later. I got to go Y/N."

"Okay... see you. I miss you!"

"Yeah."

Then he hung up. That's it? Really?

After days- no weeks of not speaking a SINGLE WORD to me, he just says that? What even am I to him anymore?

I knew he told me to get ready but all these thoughts are preventing me to do so.

I again got a call but this time it's from a good friend of mine, Soobin.

We've been friends since highschool and when we graduated, we had to part ways. We still tried our best to keep contact with each other, messaging and calling when we both have the time.

"Hey Y/N! Wait, why do you look so sad? Is there something wrong?"

"It's nothing Bin, Don't worry about it. Anyways, how are you? I missed you so much! How's your sister doing?"

"We're doing great here Y/N, don't worry about it. How about you? Are you good? Oh yeah, and how about your boyfriend is he okay?"

"I'm doing... okay. And Yeonjun... Yeonjun's doing good too."

"Why do I feel like you're lying?"

"I'm not, okay! Like I said don't worry about it."

"You're definetly not okay."

"Yes I am!"

"No you're not."

"Yes I am!"

"No you are not!"

All I can do after that was let out a shaky sigh. I didn't know if I should tell him. I don't know if it's the right time. Shit, I don't even know if my assumptions are right. I really don't-

"Look, Y/N, it's okay if you're not ready to tell me yet. But keep in mind I will always be here. I will always help you and if you need support, you know where to come."

"Thanks Bin. I got to go. I need to get ready, I'm going somewhere. It's nice talking to you again, I hope we can do it again soon. See you!"

"Yeah see you too Y/N! I love you." Soobin said before hanging up the call.

'W-wait... he loves me? What does he mean he loves me? Does he love me as a friend or as a partner? That doesn't even matter. What matters is why Soobin can say he loves me when we barely meet eachother and my "boyfriend" that I barely see can't even say I love you back? I really don't get it.'

I got up from the couch with a sigh, heading to my bathroom to shower. After that, I got dressed and waited for Yeonjun to pick me up. I know it's bad of me to say that all I thought about the whole time was Soobin. His "I love you" to be exact. No matter how hard I try to not think about it, I just can't do it. My thoughts were stronger than my own body and mental health combined.

(Seven-hundred words)