Part 1

It was an early Wednesday morning, I sprinted out my door and down the street. The cold air hit my nose and my eyes started to water. I looked to my left and noticed the school bus coming up. As it passed me, I could hear the kids laughing. "Shit." I screamed as the yellow bus turned the corner. I slowly stopped and tried to catch my breath. I turned around and walked back home. As I opened the door, my dad ran straight into me. We both fell to the ground with laughter. "What the hell are you doing home peri?" he scolded when he stood up. "I missed the bus. Can you give me a ride?" I asked hopefully. "I have to get to work Per, walk or stay home but I have to go." He responded while he ran out the door and got in his car. "Wow thanks dad, appreciate it." I yelled sarcastically out the door as he sped away.

................

Well as you can tell, my name is Peri. It's short for Perithia, but since that sounds like a greek goddesses' name from the year of B.C., I go by Peri or Per. I live in a small house in Maryland. Most people don't like it here but I love the cold weather. My mom passed away when I was 15. It's just been me and my dad since. I'm 17 now, and it's been hard. He still gets sad sometimes, and so do I, but we moved on. I miss her a lot. I remember her telling me before she was gone to always stay true to myself and never let anyone stop me from what I wanted. I replay that last moment in my head every day. My school is not the best, I'm that shy girl that sits in the back of the class, doesn't have many friends, but loves bands hardcore. I only have one best friend. Her name is Angie and she's always been there for me. I can't thank her enough. Now you know a little bit about me, lets get back to the story now, shall we?