Part 22

The show ended, and Danny soon returned back to the dressing room. "Finally. Where's Paul?" I asked him. "I think he's going to say hi to some fans." Danny had sweat all over his forehead and a smile on his face. "Where's Angie?" he looked in the mirror. "She's in the bathroom, you should go join her." I joked. "That was quite the kiss." I said, grinning. "I couldn't stand it any longer." He panted. Angie poked her head in. "Danny can I talk to you for a minute?" she sweetly asked. I made a whip sound and then winked. Paul walked in the door as Danny was leaving. He showed up with a petite girl by his side. "Hey   Per, this is Monica. She's a fan. I thought I'd introduce you two." He said, giving me his "Be nice" look. "Hi, I'm Peri! Nice to meet you!" I said in the nicest voice possible. She frowned at me and replied with a "You too." Monica didn't seem very nice. There's something a little off about her. She looked up at Paul and gave her a hug. "I can't believe I'm actually here, hugging you!" she smiled. Danny returned with Angie and I got up to push her out. "I need to talk to you" I whispered, pulling her back outside to the hallway. I looked back at Danny, noticing he had lipstick on his face. I laughed to myself.

I closed the door behind me and slid down the wall. "That girl, I don't trust her." I told  Angie. "What girl?" "Monica." I said rudely. "She's just some fan. I can see the way he looks at you Peri. He wants you. Not some 13 year old wannabe." This is why I love Angie. She can cheer me up in a second. "I guess you're right. So Danny huh?" I pinched her leg. "I really like him. He's genuinely a great guy." Her eyes glazed over and she started to grin. "Okay Juliet" I laughed, referring to Romeo and Juliet. I stood up and opened the door again. No one was in the room. "They left us?" I asked Angie. I started to get very concerned. I looked on the coffee table to discover a note.

Hey, went for a quick dinner with Monica and Danny. Be back soon.

Paul

"And not invite us?" I whispered to myself. "That's not like Danny." Angie said. I tried to call them but every time I tried, it went straight to voicemail. As I walked to the bathroom, I noticed a coffee mug shattered on the ground. "This makes no sense." I called to her. I looked at the note again. I haven't known Paul long, but a month is enough time to know what someone's hand writing looks like. And that is not anywhere close to his. "This isn't his handwriting." I mumbled. "What?" "This isn't his handwriting." I walked back into the hall. "It's not Danny's either." "Then who's is it?" I took a deep breath. "I knew there was something weird about her! I knew it!" I started to get angry, so I sat down and tried to stay calm. "Who?" "That girl Monica!" I shouted. "Per, I'm sure they're fine. Maybe they asked her to write it because they were doing something else. Calm down. Let's just wait until tonight and see if they come back. They will come back." Angie sat down next to me and put her hand on top of mine. "Don't worry." She reassured. I wanted to go get the tall man in the uniform, but she was right. I might be overreacting. I agreed to wait till tonight before getting the intimidating guard man.

Some time went by, it was 11:00 and they still weren't back. Even Angie, who had been cool as a cucumber, started to get worried. "Screw it." I picked up the phone and dialed the head office. "Hello, this is Mack speaking." "Yes hi, I was wondering if you could send a guard or official or whatever to Danny Edge and Paul Zimmer's dressing room?" "We'll have them down in 5." "Thank you so much." I hung up. "What'd they say?" Angie picked up her head and I could see she had been chewing her pinky nail raw. "the guard will be here in 5." There was a knock at the door. I opened it, and as soon as he stepped in, we both started ranting about what had happened and what we thought might be happening. "Girls, Girls, start from the beginning." The officer said. I explained what had happened with Monica and the note. I handed it to him, telling him it wasn't Danny or Paul's handwriting. "It's 11:00 and they aren't back yet. The bus leaves tomorrow morning and they've been gone for 4 hours!" Angie ranted. "I want you girls to sit down, drink some water. We'll do our best to find them." The officer called me out into the hallway. They asked me things like, when I last saw them, my relationship to them, what I knew about Monica. Things like that. As we were talking, my phone rang. I pulled it out and saw Paul's number on the screen. "It's him!" I quickly answered the call. "Paul? Where are you? What happened?" I asked. I heard some mumbling, and then a bang. "Peri? I'm at 2357 hickoryway dr." he nervously said. "Paul are you okay?" I could feel my eyes filling with tears. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING GIVE ME THAT" I heard a girl's voice yell in the background before the call was dropped. The officers heard everything. One of them stayed with Angie and I and about 5 officers hustled away. "Everything's going to be okay" the guard patted me on the shoulder. "I hope."