Part 29

My dad was called by the paramedics last night, and I just found out he got on a plane and was coming to see me. "I don't see why, I'm fine." I ranted to Paul while loosely braided my hair. "Oh yea, because your leg isn't broken and your eye isn't bruised as hell like at all" he laughed. "Oh shutup" I replied. Angie and Danny went down to grab breakfast. I haven't talked to her since last night. I sipped on my coffee and just thought about everything. I've been doing that a lot lately. "Peri?" I looked over and saw my dad walk through the door. "A small blonde kid told me this is your room." I laughed, my dad calls everyone small because he's 6'4". I wheeled over and gave him a hug. "What happened to you? What happened to her?" he asked Paul. "Dad I'm okay everything's fine I'll explain later." I winked at Paul and started asking my dad the normal questions. "When are you going home?" "I have a flight back at 4. I think you are riding on the bus back." "What about the tour?" I turned to him. "I think they're canceling it."

My dad replied. I felt bad because I knew Danny and Paul were really looking forward to this and I don't want it to be over because of me. Soon it was time to get on the bus, and for my dad to get to his flight. Paul, Danny, Luke, and Hayes lifted my wheelchair past the steps and when wheeled me to the back. "We should talk" Paul said, sitting next to me. "Yea, we should figure some things out." I agreed. We both explained how we felt, what we imagined happening, and what we were. "I'm glad we both agree" I said, giving him a peck on the cheek. "Hey gang." Angie sat down next to me. "Heyy!" I said. She started telling me how her night with Danny was, what they talked about, things like that. Angie was so happy. And so was I. The ride was long, but we finally dropped everyone at the Hilton and then pulled up to my driveway. My dad was home, but probably sleeping. Paul and Danny walked me and Angie to the door. Danny gave her a goodbye kiss, and they started doing that weird thing where they rub noses. "Get a room" I joked. Paul kneeled down. "I'm so glad you're okay. I'm the most lucky guy in the world." I giggled and smiled. We kissed and he said goodbye. I watched them both load the bus again. Angie and I collapsed on the couch.