Part 24

I started to hear footsteps getting closer and closer to the closet. I whimpered and Paul put his hand around my mouth. I could see Monica enter the room through the slots of the closet. What was she holding? She had in her hands a metal object. It looked almost like a cutting knife. A knife! "What have I gotten myself into" I thought. I started to cry and shake. I told myself that this was the end. I wouldn't get to go to college, get a job, get married, I'd die a painful death. At least I'll die with pride and surrounded by people I love. "Paul? Danny?" I heard Monica say as she neared the closet. "I want one last hug before I run." She said in a deranged voice. I noticed her put the knife in her back pocket. I decided to make a bold move.

I opened the closet doors and jumped on top of her. Monica was small, but a strong little firecracker. I laid on top of her and grabbed the knife from her back pocket. I threw it across the room and then grabbed her hair. She screamed and her head flew backwards and hit the ground with a thump. I pulled her hands out and pinned them to the ground. "SOMEBODY GO GET HELP" I yelled, knowing I couldn't hold her down long. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Angie run out the door. Minutes later, she returned with 4 police officers. They let me get off of Monica, and then did a cool self defense move, that pulled her hands behind her back. "I just wanted to get to spend time with them!" she cried as the police pulled her away. I sat on the ground, sobbing. I started to pant. Paul sat down next to me and wrapped his arms around me. I looked up and saw Danny cradling Angie. "It's okay. I got you now." I heard Paul say. The voices started getting farther and farther away. I laid down, and closed my eyes.