Part 14

I pulled up next to Paul's car. It was about the only car in the lot. I got out and waited for them to unlock the porche. "Come on man hurry up" Danny complained. Finally, the honk sounded and he ran over to give me a quick hug and then hopped in the car. "I guess he got tired of me fast." I laughed. "I didn't." Paul murmured. "What?" I asked, not completely understanding what he said. He leaned against the car and looked down at his feet. "I ... I enjoyed today" he said louder. "I did too." I smiled.

*Paul's Point of View*

I almost slipped up. I almost let her hear me say my feelings. Almost. I've been trying to flirt, but she always just shrugs it off. She just probably does not like me like that. Or I need to work harder, or do my hair differently, or get to know her better. Today was amazing. From start to end. She's not even a fan! I think I like her. Maybe I don't. Maybe she just wants to be friends. I can be friends. She's just... a cool girl that's all. I'm overreacting over all of this. I really want to kiss her. But I don't think she feels the same. I don't want to ruin our friendship, or future friendship. She's standing there staring into my eyes. She stares so much I keep feeling like there's something in my teeth or a piece of toilet paper hanging from my pants. Should I hug her? Kiss her on the cheek? My mind is filling with all these thoughts and I just don't know. I definitely want to see her again. I intend on it. I'll just give her a hug. I'll text her tonight to see how she's doing. Everything will be fine. I just need to calm down. I can't mess all this up.

*Back to Peri's Point of View*

I walked over to him. I feel like a ton of questions and thoughts are rushing to his head. I just want to end the night simple. We'll see each other again, there's plenty of time. No need to rush everything. I'm not even sure of my feelings yet. He's probably not either. I just want to be his friend right now. He's amazing and I don't want to lose him. I'll end the night with a goodnight hug and a kiss on the cheek. Yea. Sounds like a good idea. I walked up closer to him and gave him a big hug. "Thank you for today. I'll talk to you soon." I pulled away and kissed him on the cheek. His cheeks started to turn pink and so did mine. I walked backwards back to my car. "You still owe me that ride." I said as I did finger guns to him. "Still counting on it." He replied, smiling. "Sorry that was weird I'll never do that again." I laughed and sped away. Tonight was... great.