Part 20

The next week went by fast, considering I couldn't wait to get on the road with Danny and Paul on Friday morning. It's Thursday night and I've been guarding the pass I got with my life.  Angie hasn't stopped plotting on how she's going to get Danny to kiss her on the tour. I'm so happy for her, but I really can't decide what I want with Paul. It's almost like I want to kiss him, but then I don't. It hurts my brain sometimes. Those lips are just... mmmmmmm. I try to keep myself from acting stupid but sometimes I can't help myself. He dropped by on Tuesday to talk to my dad about the trip. He agreed to let me go, saying something like "You need to learn how to go out into the real world, you're old enough to make your own decisions, blah blah blah" Honestly, all I heard was "I thought about it, and I'm allowing you to go" I literally squeezed him until he couldn't breathe. I already packed everything I need, so I'm all ready. Angie is staying the night so we can board the bus tomorrow morning together. We facetimed Paul and Danny all night long until he said he was about to get on the tour bus.

The next morning, me and Angie grabbed some pop tarts, too excited to spend time on breakfast. My father came downstairs and started going over safety rules with us. "Don't go anywhere by yourself, don't let anyone buy you drinks, and don't ever talk to people that look sketchy." "Yes dad." I said as I stuck my tongue out at him. "Oh Per, I'm gonna miss you" He gave me a hug and a kiss on the forehead. "It's only a couple of weeks, don't worry. Think of it as a practice run for college." He laughed and gave Angie a hug. We heard a loud honk from the driveway. "They're here!" we both screamed. We ran outside and there was Paul and Danny standing at the steps of the bus. "Who's ready for a road trip?" They said. Two men that had police uniforms on picked up our suitcases and put them in the back of the bus. I let Angie go on first. Of course Danny was talking to her and hugging her a ton. I gave Paul the "One minute" finger and he nodded his head. I ran back to my dad and gave him one last hug. "I'll be safe I promise." I whispered to him. He kissed my cheek and watched me board the bus. I stepped up the steps and saw that there were dozens of seats, and only about 5 people on the bus. "Peri hey, hey Peri" I heard Paul shout, standing up and waving to the back of the bus. "Yes Paul, I see you." I smiled. I sat down next to him and looked around. "First stop, Georgia!"