Part 13

At the end of the night, me and Danny and Paul walked back to my house so I could grab my dad's car and take them back to the mall to get their car. The walk was nice. The air was cool and the night sky's stars shined like sunlight hitting water. I walked in front of both of the boys the whole time, sometimes tuning into their conversations. I turned around and tried to walk next to Danny. "So you and Angie huh?" I made a smirky face and winked. "I really like her. She's... amazing." Danny muttered. Paul looked out to the opposite side of the road longingly. I think he felt a little left out.

We got back to my house and we quickly jumped in the car before my dad came out and started asking questions. The whole way back to the mall was fun. We all just goofed around. It was nearing 9:00 and I was getting tired. But overall, this day was great. I'm glad to have friends that actually care, or even act like they do. Paul and Danny started to tell me random stories of weird things that have happened to them. I haven't laughed so hard in my life. Danny told me a story about how his girlfriend cheated on him on their anniversary, he had bought her flowers and chocolates and movies only to catch her smooching another guy on the lawn. "Angie would never do that to you, she worships you" I looked over at him. Paul explained a story when he kissed two girls on the night of his first kiss. "Stud" I joked. "I know I'm such a badass." He boasted. I was starting to like him more and more.