Part 16

The week went by quick, I did basically the same thing every day. School was a nightmare, like  always. My teachers chewed me out for ditching and now I have to do extra work in all my AP classes. It was worth it though. Paul texted me every single day. When I was at school, eating lunch, doing homework, he always tried to communicate with me in one form or another. On Friday afternoon, my dad picked me up from school. "What are you doing here?" I asked nervously. "Came to pick you up. I thought we could maybe spend the rest of the day together." He said sweetly. I quickly realized this wouldn't be good. I had asked Paul to pick me up because dad had been acting moody all week. I couldn't spend another day with him. "Uhm... I forgot to tell you I have plans with Angie she was supposed to drive me." I quickly replied, starting to pick at the skin on my thumb nail. "Oh really, because I think she just forgot you." He pointed over to her car leaving the lot.

"Shit I think she forgot. Anyways, I'm good I'll just tell her to come back. Curfew's 11 right?" I smiled so he would buy the whole story. "Okay sounds good. See you then." He drove away. I could tell that he was sad but from all he's put me through this week, he deserves it. I sat on the curb and started my history homework. "Hey did someone need a ride?" I heard a familiar voice say. "Nah I'm good I'm actually waiting for a friend..." I looked up and it was Paul. He had sunglasses  on and started to laugh. "Don't do that I thought you were a creeper." I joked, getting into the front seat. "Well maybe I am" he replied. "I thought we could surprise Danny at the movies. He's gone there alone 3 times this week. He didn't even bring Nutella." Paul shook his head, trying to hide his smile. "What if he just likes the movies, stupid" I played. "Danny only goes to the movies alone when A) he's sad about a girl B) he's trying to find girls or C) ran out of money for pizza." At this point I'm laughing so hard I'm snorting. We stopped at a red light and started singing random songs by 5 seconds of summer. Out of no where, the car in front of us started to swerve. Paul started to drive slower to keep the distance. The car stopped suddenly in the middle of the highway, and so did our car. The stop was sudden that my head fell forward and hit the headboard. My vision started to blur and that's when I knew I wouldn't remember any of this.