Part 17

I woke up to Paul shaking me. "PERI PERI PERI PERI  PERI GET UP GET UP GET UP PLEASE WAKE UP PLEASE" he was screaming. "What the hell Paul" I sat up. I was laying on the grass on the side on the highway. "Oh thank god." He hugged me so tight it felt like my ribs were crushing. "What happened?" I questioned. Flash backs of the car swerving and my head being thrown forward ran back to my brain. "I stopped the car and you hit your head against the dashboard." He explained. I tried to get up, but Paul ended up just picking me up and putting me in the back seat of his car. "You sit in the back from now on" he joked, handing me a bandaid. We started to drive again, and when we got to the movies, Paul and I decided to play a joke on the workers. He picked me up and ran into the theatre. "HELP HELP MY BROTHERS GIRLFRIEND IS HAVING AN ALLERGIC REACTION I NEED TO GET HIM HE'S IN THERE" He said, pointing the entrance to the movie "Unfriended"  "Of course! Go go go!" the ticket lady said. Paul ran into the theatre, still holding me, and started to swerve. "To the right... now to the left!" I shouted as he ran up the stairs to get to Danny. Paul set me down right next to his seat and then sat down, huffing and puffing. "Yea I know I'm a heavy load" I said to him. "No the running I usually don't exercise" "same here" we laughed. Danny looked at us. He was holding an extra-large bag of popcorn and clearly was about to eat some when we walked in. I gave him a hug and started explaining how he should start his plan to ask Angie out. When the movie was over, I felt my back pocket buzzing. I checked the time. It was only 7. I answered the call.

"Hello?"

"it's dad. Where are you?"

"Uhm.. with Angie. Why?"

"Stop."

"What?"

"If you're with Angie, why did she just ring the doorbell looking for you?"

My heart skipped a beat. Danny and Paul started laughing. "Shutup it's my dad!" I mouthed to them.

"Peri I'm getting worried. Where are you and why do I hear people laughing?"

"Dad I'm just with some friends from school. I said I was with Angie because I didn't want you to worry like you always do."

"Can you blame me? Come home right now. Bring your friends. I want to meet them."

And with that, the call ended. I asked Paul and Danny to come back to my house. I explained that meeting my father resembles an interrogation. I told them not to be stupid. "That'll be hard." Their response was. Now I'm starting to worry.