Part 10

I drove back over to the school. It wasn't easy though. Paul kept messing with the radio and Danny kept singing random song lyrics really loud. I felt like I just met them, but I could be... me with them. Not be labeled, just me. I can make weird faces and snort when I laugh and they didn't care. I haven't gotten to be myself in so long. "Okay guys so remember the plan? I'm going to go in and get her and then when you see us walking up, stay in the car and then be like "Surprise!" when she gets in. Okay?" "Okay okay we got it, we aren't 5 you know." "Sure act like it" I smiled. "OOOHHH PAUL YOU NEED SOME ICE FOR THAT BURN?" Danny hit him over the head and chuckled. "Okay I'll be back, don't. Go. Anywhere." I shook my finger at them.

I started texting Angie.

Me: I'm here

Where are you

Come out

I'm coming to get you

She didn't reply. I walked into the debate room and saw her standing on a table. "Lets go." I told her. "Okay bye guys" she said to everyone before I pulled her out. "Whoa there what's wrong?" Angie said as we fast walked out to the parking lot. "Nothing nothing I just I have a surprise for you" I smiled super wide. I told Angie to get in the back and that I would drive. "If that's the surprise, I will kill you Per." "No, no just get in" As she got into the car, I heard a scream. I sat down in the driver's seat, to see Angie attached to Danny. Paul looked at me. He leaned in close and whispered "How long is she going to stay like that?" I whispered in his ear "Who knows" and giggled. When Angie let go of Danny I could see tears running down her face. She had the biggest smile on her face I have ever seen.  "Is this real... are you real?" She asked him quietly. "Yea I'm here. For real." Angie once again hugged him. I looked at Paul. He must be feeling a little rejected at the moment. He had a lonely look on his face. I leaned over and gave him a big hug. The smell of axe body spray lingered on his sweatshirt. I think that made him feel better.