Part 18

When we got to my house, I reminded Paul and Danny about the pet peeves my dad had, and stuff not to say. We walked into the house and immediately, smurfy ran up and started to rub up against Danny. "That's smurfy just ignore her" "No she's so cute" He said with wide eyes and a smile. "Well it's about time." I heard my fathers' voice boom from the kitchen. "Dad this is Danny and Paul.." I introduced them. "Pleasure to meet you sir." Paul extended his hand toward my dad. "I'm Rob. Mr. Chambers to you." He said, very uptightly. "Dad." I gave him my "Don't ruin this for me" look. "Hi I'm Danny! I love your cat by the way." "You can have her, she's a pain in the ass." They both started to chuckle. Things were going better than I expected.

We sat down on the couch after the introduction. "Hey I wanted to ask you something" Paul said to me, turning towards me. "Yea?" I answered. "We're having a meet up thingy and we wanted to know if you wanted to come on the road with us for a little? Don't decide right now though. Think about it. Talk to your dad." He explained. Danny nodded his head and started to tell me about the meet up. My thoughts went into overdrive and I started to get super excited. A road trip with Danny and Paul? Yes please. I could convince Angie to come for Danny too! This would be perfect. "I'll get some food, but on the movie already would ya?" I told them, getting up from the couch and going to the kitchen. My father was standing near the counter staring at me. "Dammit dad you scared the shit out of me!" I punched him. "I don't want you getting too close to those boys." He said with a straight face. "Dad I'm 17, I'm almost an adult. They're just friends. Don't worry." I reassured him. I sat back down on the couch and a movie was playing. "Here is your..." "SHHHH" they both shouted. These are my friends. Crazy right?