Safe.

Charlie pov:
I woke up to Tori knocking on my door and I groggily got up to open it. She was standing there, with her uniform on and a cup of tea in her hand. I was confused as to why she was at my door until I realised that my alarm must have not gone off.

"Oh, sorry, Tori. I'll get ready now." I told her and she looked at me with a sympathetic face. It was still hard to get my head together, seeming that I just woke up, but it was weird that she was acting like that. Am I just overthinking this?

"It's fine. You look tired, maybe you should stay home today." She said. I always looked tired, didn't I? "Did you have a good time with Nick last night?" She asked me, changing the subject.

"Wait, how do you know that it was Nick's house I was at?" I asked her panicked. It was Tori, and Tori can easily read me, so she'll find out about my crush on him if she looks into it. Plus, I hadn't even told her that I was even friends with Nick. In her eyes, Nick Nelson is just some jock, which means that he would never like me. Or maybe that was just my eyes.

"I saw you two leaving school yesterday. Holding hands." She said and then smirked. There was no way that she already knew that I had a thing for him, right? "So, are you staying home?" She asked me. Technically she was right, I was incredibly tired today for some reason.

"I don't know, I have been skipping school for a few days now and our parents might actually start to care about something in my life." I said and she had a worried look on her face. I should probably just shut my mouth at this point.

"I'll cover for you then." She said. I smiled and nodded my head in agreement. "Are you going to tell me about Nick Nelson then?" She asked and I blushed. I know that Tori wouldn't tell anyone, so I decided to just tell her what I feel about him.

"I kind of have a crush on him. But he doesn't know and he's straight." I told her and she patted my shoulder. It was an act of comfort, but it still felt awkward, in a way. "Don't tell anyone about it, please." I told her and she nodded her head before leaving down the stairs. I closed my door behind her and sat back down on my bed. If my parents did find out that I had been skipping school, I'd be screwed. They don't care about me whatsoever but then if I do one thing wrong, the give me a whole lecture about how I never do anything right and I need to be a better person. I tried not to think about it anymore and went on my phone to scroll on Instagram. I didn't really have anything to do all day because I have literally no life, so I decided to put some music on and relax for once in my life. After scrolling on my playlist, I chose the song 'memories' by Conan Gray.

One, two
It's been a couple months
That's just about enough time
For me to stop crying when I look at all the pictures
Now I kinda smile, I haven't felt that in a while
It's late, I hear the door
Bell ringing and it's pouring
I open up that door, see your brown eyes at the entrance
You just wanna talk and
I can't turn away a wet dog

I turned the music up to the max volume and let it be the only thought in my head at the time. Music had always been my escape from reality, and I wouldn't know where I would be without it.

But please don't ruin this for me
Please don't make it harder than it already is
I'm trying to get over this
I wish that you would stay in my memories
But you show up today, just to ruin things
I wanna put you in the past 'cause I'm traumatized
But you're not letting me do that, 'cause tonight
You're all drunk in my kitchen, curled in the fetal position
Too busy playing the victim to be listening to me when I say
"I wish that you would stay in my memories"
In my memories, stay in my memories

The song made me think about Nick, and how I can't be anything with him because he's straight. Although, I never did ask him about what he meant that night, but even if he wasn't straight, Nick Nelson would never like me.