3rd place

y/n pov:

"Thanks, I'll treat you banana milk later!"

I agree happily and turn to shaily. my left ankle is limping with pain ... once we enter the dressing room I took my shoes off and shaily gasped shockingly.

suspicion over her reaction I glimpse at my foot and saw the bruises... my ankle literally seems like dead rotten, it's red no-more like bluish.

she hurriedly collects the icepack from the box and presses on the ankle.

"my god y/n! how are you gonna complete all this?? look let's stop this here I'll tell your parents about your condition ok?"

before I reply the guards enter and see my ankle, the first guard said...

"Ma'am that's enough!! we don't want you to continue this sport... let's take you home!"

"let me tr--

"NO!! you are hurting yourself now... and anyone can say you are in no condition to run."

the second guard halts me before I say something... I think these three ganged up on me. they don't know how difficult it would be on them when dad found out they are stopping me... they don't know my parents.

I didn't want to but, now I have to be rude here... Siding the ice away I search for a bandage and tightly roll on my ankle... not perfectly but conveniently.

then I put on the socks and shoes while earning speechless three pairs of stares. standing straight I shook my foot and did little exercise while saying...

"you guys won't decide whether I should continue or quit... so let's get over with this! welcome if you want to help or goodbye."

all sigh defeatedly, what more they can do? I'm not their family member and they have a family to look after.

I will finish what I started. So mom and dad want a medal? so I'll give them!!

---//---

while entering the ground I saw taehyung, my mitochondria. his eyes are searching for someone, roaming the stare everywhere he atlas found me... the sigh relief was obvious even from this far.

his small smile alleviates my heart in a sec. I smile back and figure out his 'all the best gesture' so now I have two reasons to win this.

I did my best not to show my limping walk and because I wrapped my foot, it's not bad now... I can complete this all... I hope.

---//---

Jungkook took that sentence seriously of us winning at once... so in the relay race, he clearly made me win the game! thank god he is so determined for all this.

now all I left is to run 400mm and get over with this shit. resting while others are competing I notice hoseok and yoongi dancing with my name banner.

now yoongi seems like regretting coming here because hoseok keeps forcing him to jump with my name banner and cheers.

they look so cute.!! looking at them I feel strength... hoseok will feel bad if I lose this game. okay!!! this competition is for hoseok, my angel.

to maintain my breath, I inhale and exhale at shaily command. as soon I hear my name on the race I took my position.

a part of me knows that I might not win this and might fall halfway because the pain is now unbearable. but I have you, that's the only way to fulfill my duty as a daughter.

"ON YOUR MARK... GET... SET...GOOO!!"

my leg jog hearing whistle, the cheers are so loud but my only focus is my racing track... many are ahead of me. holding my breath back just to hold the pain I ran faster.... faster enough to leave others behind.

just like shaily trained me how to use the energy on track... I slow down a little on the middle way for breathing and let others go ahead because soon they'll tire out.

as soon they exhaust and slow. I get back on my speed... and I swear I was very close to the finishing line- maybe ten steps.

then suddenly my leg twisted and I fall on track... FUCK NOOO!!! I get up limping but till then two girls already crossed the finishing line!....

I need to get at least third place!! and I did with a limp run. as soon I cross the line and fall helplessly... the only person I saw before losing my vision was taehyung.

mygoodboy running to me with shock and fear.... that was my last vision for this day.

at least I win though!!

---//---

so after an eternal sleep finally I woke up and found myself in a hospital bed... well it's not new, every year I end up here so it's all normal.

my left foot is all plastered with such caring parents right??... lucky me. I hope no one gets parents like mine.

before I manage to sit the door opens revealing seokjin. he rushes to me and helps me to sit properly... it's not new for him too but he did warn me last year to not repeat this.

instead of hearing lectures, I found him hugging me tightly.

______________________

(a/n: no matter what you read, when you read, your reading list, your library list.... seokjin is the best character 😌😌)