First chapter - Bar and true

Amber

I've been really tired all week. All those appointments and constant paperwork. I really love my job. I love it the most. Work has been and I think it will always be my priority.

But today I could forget about her and finally turn it off. My friends and I agreed to go. This time Christina joined us, leaving little Anna and Denis.

We go out every Friday, but Christina only comes with us twice a month at the evenings. We often go to lunch, but evening life is evening life.

I locked myself in my huge wardrobe and chose a silver short dress on the straps. I hung a pair of gold necklaces around my neck. I painted perfectly and let my hair fall to my shoulders. Perfect blond curls fell on my shoulders. I put on sexy needles tied around my calves and took my purse.

We were supposed to meet at the club. So I called the elevator and drove to the underground garage.

I lived in a building where we also had a publishing house. The publishing house had many floors. The staff thought that the top floor was where the boss's offices were. But that was not true. There is one more floor above this floor.

That floor is all mine. So I live on it. I have a beautiful, huge apartment here. It was my idea, I wanted to live in my job. My job is my everything, so I'm actually moving to London. Already next week at such a time, I will be fully unpacked in my new apartment. I'm flying there on Sunday. Eva is due to move in a week later. She can't wait herself.

She didn't want to go at first, but after the fiasco that happened because of my stupid brother, I'm not surprised that she wants to disappear as soon as possible. We both bought apartments not far from each other. We both need a break from the chaos of New York. Sia has a fiancé, taht she loves even when she didn't love him before. She hated him actually. And Eva, she divorced as easily as she got married.

I blamed my brother for what he did to her. Eva definitely didn't deserve it, and I mean it. Not like that. And I never want to see Cole again. Our parents are constantly defending him because they have no idea what happened. And I will definitely not be the one to tell them. Let my stupid brother admit that he was fúcking some chick while he was married to my best friend.

Today was supposed to be a day of farewell and friendship. Instead, we all sit in a club, drink margarita and look at other people. Neither of us is in the mood to dance. Christina is angry with Cole, whom she considered her best friend.

You're not the only one in it, nor did I think my brother was a selfish, fúcking beast.

Eva would rather cry and run away from everything as far away as possible. It will come true for her in a few days. Sia is excited about Erik, who is due to return from a business trip tomorrow, and I'm tired.

I'm tired of work, my brother, just about everything. I can not bare this.

The only thing that keeps me afloat is London. New apartment, new life. I can't wait for our new publishing to open, the dream publishing I will be so proud of. It's my baby. Literally.

"There is not enough silence! Let's have fun, we sit here like old grandmothers, which we definitely are not! "Shouted Eva, from whom I did not expect it.

In that, she began to lift us from her chairs.

"Let's dance and get really drunk. Let's throw everything away, "We moved to the floor together.

We danced as if for life. The volume of the music was at a maximum and we had to shout if we wanted to talk. We were twisting our sexy asśes together when I saw Denis.