Twenty chapter - Dinner

Garrett had to go back to his company. We agreed on an evening. He'll cook something and I will bring Alex's wine. Garrett didn't like Alex, just because we had something together, but he couldn't tell anything bad abouth his wine.

As for Alex, I don't know anything new. I don't know what's going on with him and I don't know if he feels anything for me. But what I do know is that I feel nothing but attraction and friendship with him.

Around one afternoon I had a meeting in the conference room where the editor told me about their best manuscript discoveries and I listened intently. If you are concentrating, it means thinking about Garrett's hickeys and making them. They were on my neck, covered with a thick layer of makeup.

Fortunately, I have an assistant who writes everything down and I only perceive it in half.

About halfway through the meeting, I finally began to perceive. The work of my employees pleasantly surprised me, it was good. Even better than good. It was amazing. All the manuscripts they spoke about were impressive. And although I knew I would have to read them all in person, I was glad that my team and everyone was working as they should.

I have announced a home office since tomorrow. The reconstruction should be completed within a week. Garrett assured me it could be done sooner. I hope nothing goes wrong because I will probably beat him.

I was included in the work by manuscripts and overhead work. That's why I didn't quit my job until five in the afternoon. My driver was waiting for me in front of the publishing house quite impatient, as he already wanted to go home. And I understood him.

We didn't get stuck in traffic what I liked about London. It couldn't happen in New York, there would probably have to be an apocalypse.

I got home twenty minutes later.

I entered Garrett's apartment Graham, the dog, not the hockey player, greeted me first, just to be clear. The hockey player didn't even call me. Fascinating how quickly he loses interest. These are guys, well ...

Graham smirked at my feet, all the way to the kitchen. There I found my Devil  in a black apron in a clean kitchen, where lasagna was waiting for me. There was something else in the oven, and if it was dessert, it deserves a reward today. And that's it.

He turned and our gazes met. It was like seeing him for the first time. His blue eyes and brown hair, which fell into his eyes and were no longer as perfectly groomed as I had seen him at work today.

I liked Garrett like that at home. His shoulders were relaxed and he was calmer.

"Angel, you're home, I've been waiting for you later. I don't have dessert ready yet. "

"Devil, you don't have to exaggerate. You'll make dessert later. Let's have lasagna first. A real dessert, it will still be waiting for you later, wherever you want, "I blinked at him.

That lured him. He knew very well what I have meant by dessert. It certainly won't be like the dessert he has in the oven.

"When it rings, I'll run to it. The table is decorated in the dining room, "he took off his apron.

He was wearing only gray sweatpants. His bare chest seemed to ask me to touch it.

Another surprise awaited me in the dining room. Decorative, lighted candles were everywhere, and when I say everywhere, everywhere. It was decorated on the table, and Garrett finished it by placing lasagna on the table. He poured us red wine and pushed my chair away so I could sit down. I loaded my lasagna and ate.

"I will be staying at home office tomorrow. Wr all stay at home, so it will be easier for you to work, "the taste of lasagna was perfect.

I have never eaten such delicious lasagna before.