Thirty fifth chapter - End but also the new beginning

Alex

Amber and I had a terrible flight. In addition to her not feeling well, we experienced some turbulence. Amber was very sick. She kept throwing up. All the food she ate during the day ended up in the toilet. Even so, she was still sick.

We went straight to the hospital from the airport. At the hospital, we ended up at the reception.

"Hello, how may I help you?" asked the elderly woman at the front desk.

"Good day. I would need an appointment with a gynecologist," that's when it hit me.

I missed everything that happened on the plane. I glared at Amber. She was scared, stressed and tired. She realized that I was looking at her and turned her gaze to me. I gave her an encouraging smile. I wasn't afraid. I wasn't worried that she was pregnant. I didn't care, but it didn't bother me in the least. Not a bit.

"Of course. The doctor will take you right away. It's on the fourth floor," smiled the receptionist.

We just nodded and went up to the fourth floor together without a word. The nurse was already waiting for us there.

"I'll wait for you here," I informed her.

She just nodded and said thank you. I sat on a chair in front of the ambulance and thought. If Amber was pregnant and expecting Garrett's baby, what would I do? Would I let her go? Would she like me to let her go? Would she go back to Garrett or stay with me? What would I really want?

I knew answer to all of my questions. Well, at least to the questions that concerned me. I wanted her with everything that belonged to her. Even with a potential child. I will love that child as I love her. As my own. As she loves Stephan.

So I sat in the damn waiting room and waited for Amber, who was at the doctor's for longer than I would have expected. I realized how slowly time passes when we are bored. And I was bored. I stopped enjoying playing on mobile after just a few minutes. I was curious what would happen next. What will she tell me? What will be the result.

But I was mostly afraid of what would happen to me. How will things turn out between us. We stay together or we don't.

When Amber came out of the ambulance, it was all written on her face. I could see every single emotion on her face.

She was smiling from ear to ear. I could not stand up, I remained sitting in place. Amber sat down next to me and started laughing. I couldn't help myself and had to do the same. We laughed like crazy. Then she looked into my eyes with her emeralds and everything became clear to me. I was happy that she was happy and content.

"I'm going to be a mother!" she smiled.

"And I will help you with everything, just like you helped me with Stephan. I will do whatever you want, just don't leave me," I asked her.

Amber laughed even harder.

"I'm glad you're not leaving me, because I would never do that. I love you Alexander Mendez and you should have known for a long time.'

"I love you Amber Devenport like I've never loved anyone before. And I wanted to do it differently and wait a bit, but somehow it didn't work out," I said and knelt on the ground.

I've wanted to do this for a long time. I wanted to kneel at her feet and ask her to be mine. Only mine, forever.

I took out a red, velvet box from my coat pocket and tried to open it with shaking hands. I was nervous and so very happy. After several attempts, I finally opened it and the ring was peeking out at Amber.

I chose the ring some time ago. Therefore, I no longer remembered its exact composition. I was choosing it for Amber. I actually had it custom made. In the center of the ring was a large, blue sapphire stone. The stone rested on a ring of rose gold that was hand carved and machined.

Amber's eyes lit up with tears. Tears of happiness fell down her cheeks.

"Amber Davenport, will you marry me? I know I'm not perfect, but...," she cut me off with a kiss.

Her lips landed on mine. I didn't need any words. This gesture said it all. Between kisses I felt her nod. She nodded. She agreed. She wanted to marry me.

I planned to do it a little differently when I asked her to marry me. I had the perfect application ready and I even picked the perfect location and I didn't want to do it now but at some point in the future. I wanted to find the perfect occasion and give her the ring in an original way. For example, romantically throw it into her champagne, or bake it in a cake.

But when I think about it now, it's bullshit. This is how it was supposed to be. This is how I should have proposed to her. I couldn't think of anything more perfect. No matter how hard I try.And so here I am. I'm standing here at the altar with this amazing woman. I hold her in my arms and give her our first kiss as married couple. I have a gold band on my hand and I'm proud of it. I have all my relatives at the wedding.

For a long time I puzzled over why it turned out this way. But I didn't come up with an explanation. Because everything happens for a reason. And as it turns out, Amber and I had to jump through a lot of hurdles to get to this point. But I never regret it.

Because one learns through mistakes. And I've done a lot of them in my life. I know that I will still make many mistakes, but I am comforted by the fact that I will have a wonderful wife by my side a woman.

Amber Mendez

.....................................................................................................................................

So here it is! The end of my book, although Amber's story will still continue. It was hard, but here it is. I apologize for the short ending, but I didn't want to delay you. As I promised, there will be a new book about Amber. There will be, but I don't know what it will be called. To be honest, I haven't even thought about its beginning yet. I will let you know that the new book has been published.

Yours Barbara