Seventh Chapter - Kiss

Amber

I left Alex with a smile on my face. Who would be surprised? The séx with him was really amazing. And he accepted my working proposal. I knew he didn't take it just for the sake of good séx. Alex never accepted anything that wouldn't be good for him. And séx with me certainly wouldn't affect him.

I repaired the red lipstick one last time in the elevator and put on my sunglasses. Journalists were definitely waiting for me in front of Alex's building. I always thought I would have more peace here in London just because our publishing house is new to Europe. What it looks like it is even worse here than in New York.

And in the morning they were already waiting for me in front of my apartment, which violates my privacy quite a bit. On the way here, I had to call personal bodyguards. Yes, security guards. I didn't tell Alex. He would be unnecessarily worried about me. I don't even know what's between us. We don't date, but we sleep together. So it's a difficult relationship to determine.

I came out of the elevator and I was already waiting for the cameras at the entrance of the building. My bodyguards tried to keep them from entering the building. The receptionist looked at me like a killer. Alex's admirer.

I went outside while the security guards made my way to the car.

I didn't get to the car after ten minutes of pushing.

When I finally sat in the car, my phone rang. Eva.

What is going on?

"Hi Eva, is something wrong?" I picked up her phone.

"Amber, where are you? You're ten minutes late for meeting with Garrett Warren. I can't do this meeting for you. You have already agreed on something and I know nothing about it. Where are you? "

"Journalists. I was at Alex's for the things I mentioned. And the reporters caught me outside. I'll be there in ten minutes. Tell Garrett I'm really sorry," I asked her.

"I'll tell him well, but he looks pretty upset. Drive carefully, "she said.

I want to die. My driver went as fast as he could.

At seven-and-a-half minutes, I was in front of the building. I got out of the car as ellegantly as possible and walked inside. I ran up the stairs like nothing.

In my office, I got rid of my coat and took all the documents. The last time I fixed my hair, I took a quick step to the meeting room.

I walked in and found Garrett, Eva, and a few other people I didn't know at the table. Garrett looked at me.

But what was the worst? There was a television program on the TV that showed footage. I was pictured leaving my house and Alex's building. And everything was heard. They heard their questions. Although I did not answer them, their questions were sufficient.

"What were you doing with Mr. Alex Mendez?"

"Is Alex Mendez and you a couple?"

"What's the matter with you and Mr. Garret Warren, you were seen at the company party yesterday?"

"Is it true that Mr. Warren is your neighbor?"

I almost collapsed. Eva turned it off quickly. Garrett looked at me with a neutral look. He didn't say a word. All eyes were on me.

"Everybody out now!" Garrett shouted.

I jumped, so I was scared. And I was never scared.

Everyone passed me and there was no stink left.

"Eva asks my assistant to get them lunch. Put them in the other room, "I asked her.

She just nodded and left.