Twenty first chapter - Hospitalization

Amber

It ran fast in the morning. Garrett brought my breakfast to bed with his delicious dessert and then he went to work, even though I literally had to throw him out the door. That one did not want to leave lover.

I started my day with various meetings and paperwork.

Around twelve, I was surprised by a shipment that was from a certain Mr. Warren. Who could it be?

He sent me lunch. So he didn't forget. He sent me a chicken leg with rice and chicken broth. While eating, I still took notes on my dictaphone for the last manuscript I read.

Around two o'clock, I changed into black leggings and T-shirts, and I started cooking dinner. I prepared a recipe that Denis sent me. Yes, Denis.

Denis is an excellent chef and he mostly cooks at home and not Christina. Christina has a lot in publishing and now that she's pregnant, Denis will make it even more upset. Well, I'm curious how Christina will actually tell him.

Denis sent me a recipe for Christina's favorite with cheese. I knew it had to be great, my cooking skills were questionable.

I prepared the pasta and then washed the dishes and the kitchen. Everything worked out for me and I even heard the door slam, just in time.

"Angel, I'm home!" He shouted from the door.

I smiled at his nickname for me. I liked it when he called me that. It was something personal.

His footsteps led all the way to the kitchen.

"Hello!" He smiled.

"Hi, dinner's ready," I said.

"It smells amazing, I smell the pasta and your perfume."

"You smell right," I hugged him.

He gently left me a kiss .

"I'll get us some wine."

He sat down behind the covered island while I was preparing our portions and pouring wine.

I sat down next to him and watched him be. He growled softly and grinned.

"All right?"

"More than that. Done perfection itself. I love it."

"More than me?"

"It can not be. I love you the most in the world. You are everything to me, you are everything I love. All my love belongs only to you. "

I put my lips together with his and kissed him. He tasted like cheese. But my phone rang.

Christina.

"I'm sorry, I have to take this," I said.

Garrett growled, but nodded. I laughed and got up.

"Hi Christina ...," she interrupted.

"Amber, you must come immediately. I beg you."

"Christina slowly, what happened?"

"Eva. Eva is in the hospital. It's serious, an avalanche has fallen on her. Luckily they found her, but she's in a hall with a few fractures, but she's in critical condition. I know you have a job, but ... "

"I'll be right there. Set up the plane immediately. I'll be there as soon as possible. I'll call you from the airport. If anything happens, call or  write. "

"All right. Sia and Erik will exchange with you and go to London to oversee everything. We'll wait for you here. It's urgent Amber. ""See you."

I folded and turned to Garrett's worried face.

"What happened?" He asked.

"Eva had an accident. I have to go to Italy. Sia will return with the plane here and will oversee the renovation. At least you'll get to know each other, "I ran to the bedroom to pack my things.

I had some things here, almost all things. Garrett moved all my things here. I started throwing them in the trunk when Garrett grabbed me and turned me to him.

"Amber, I'm going with you. I won't let you go alone," he stroked my cheek.

"Well thank you."

"It is all right. I'll make a few phone calls and get us ready for my private jet. Just pack up. "

"What about your suitcases?"

"I have a deposit in my closet. You will find them completely in the last closeth. Get them out for me, be so good. "

I just nodded and he returned to the dining room.

I quickly packed up and changed into a black trouser suit. Within an hour we were sitting on the plane, preparing for departure.

Garrett tried to comfort me and said everything would be fine. But I wasn't sure. I was happy for his support and for coming with me, but I was worried about Eva. And I was afraid Cole woul find out. He would fly in immediately and set up a circus there. It could also happen that doctors will need someone to decide what to do with her. What if we really call Cole to make a decision? He would make the wrong decision.

Fuck!

I had so many possible scenarios in my head. And that bothered me. Because most of them were catastrophic.

But I didn't cry. I never cried. I haven't cried since Alex broke my heart. I have always tried to be strong and not let such emotions come to me and I will always do that. I won't let anyone see my weakness. Whether it's my immediate family or whoever.

I've never been so close to my body. And even though I love Garrett, I don't think I'll let him get this close.

And that scared me because I didn't want to be an insensitive cow.

I felt like the exact opposite of the Angel. Even angels are sensitive. And I?

I am not.

.....................................................................................................................................

So what do you think? Did it ruin their evening? What about Eva? Will she survive? Is it serious? What actually happened? Is Cole in it? Will Cole find out? Will Garrett  support Amber or escape?

The next chapter will be released on Sunday, June 5th 2022.

I look forward to seeing you in the next chapter. The chapter will be from Garrett's point of view.

Yours, Barbara