Nineteenth Chapter - Forever

Amber

It was like a madhouse in a publishing house. Preparations for the reconstruction began and I already had my teeth full of dust and dirt. Work was underway, and Garrett was on his way here to look after the workers.

And I was thinking about home office. There was noise everywhere and the workers were constantly moving. At home, we would all do much more than we do here now.

Christina sent me some photos and let me know they were there.

Why didn't I go with them?

I would feel upset that I am enjoying myself and my employees are here alone and working. In addition, I have already invented a holiday for our publishers. Every year, twice a year, Eva and I choose the places to go on holiday. We do not go alone, but all the employees of our publishing go. They get to know each other and relax. At the beginning of January, we have already selected the Austrian Alps. We booked a hotel. Each of our employees can take a partner as well as children. We pay for everything. It's like a reward for their hard work.

That's why I didn't want to go with them. I don't know to ski very well anyway. It's not exactly my favorite sport. I always just sit in a cafe or in a spa. Besides, someone here has to manage it.

And I wanted to be with Garrett. God, when he confessed his love to me, I almost fell away. I thought I heard badly. But probably not. I've heard it several times and I still froze at those words. I felt like I could hear badly. But I also loved him. In fact, everything was perfect, which I was a little afraid of, because if everything is perfect, it can always be easily ruined.

Although that week in New York was perfect, I was afraid of what would happen in the harsh reality.

I felt someone's gaze on me.

I slowly looked up from the computer monitor to see Garrett. He stood in my doorway with a grin on his face.

"Hello," I said first.

"Hello Angel."

"Your people are everywhere. I hope you keep them on short. I already have dust behind my ears. "

"Mostly when the renovation is done, everyone is at home. But I can't demand that from you. "

"I've already thought about it. We will all go to the home office and communicate online. "

"I recommend it to you. "

Garrett and I talked about work and architecture. From his confidence and knowledge in this field, it must have been immediately clear to you that this was his passion. Everything went well. He could explain everything exactly. He used the right words. He was like me, but an architect. It was my male version, which scared me a little.

After our debate, we had a coffee brought to us by Shanon, who was now moving around and overseeing everything instead of Garrett.

"I'll cook you dinner tonight."

"You and cook?" I laughed.

"I can handle something small. Do not worry. I'm not a total idiot in the kitchen. "

"Just don't burn the kitchen."

"Because of the kitchen, or you don't want to lose me?"

I looked taken aback, trying not to laugh. I pretended to think.

"Probably because of the kitchen."

Garrett stood up grinning and swung at the table and he was between my legs.

"Are you sure?" he began to kiss my neck.

He was smiling and his lips were on my skin .... oh.

It was an amazing feeling to feel that someone wanted and needed me. That he loves me and that he touches me and enjoys it. That he wouldn't have survived without your touch.

"Yes," I sighed.

I tilted my head, giving him better access to my neck. That pleased him. My neck gnawed gently, and although I was fully aware that I would have hickeys there, I didn't care. And I won't stop him. I would never deny such pleasure.

"I missed you," he whispered in my throat.

"We only saw each morning," I moaned.

"It doesn't matter, I always miss you when I don't feel you. Whenever I don't feel your presence and your touches. Whenever I can't hear your voice and your breath. "

I smiled at his confession.

I separated his lips from my neck and forced him to look at me. His blue eyes scanned me. And sometimes when I looked at them, I wondered if any eyes in the world were prettier than his own. Like the eyes of this wonderful man.

"Finally kiss me," I wished his lips on mine.

My wish came true. His lips landed on mine, and his animal hands pressed my whole body to hic own. My hands rummaged through his hair. I tugged at the roots of his hair and hugged him around the neck. His lips feasted on mine when our hot tongues met. I could smell his manly, fragrant scent that I fell in love with. I loved this man and everything that belonged to him. He tasted coffee and menthol.

I gently pulled away from him and opened my eyes. His eyes seemed to see into my soul and it scared me and pleased me together.

"I love you, Garrett, I really love you," I stroked the soft stubble on his cheek.

"Amber, I love you and nothing and no one will change that. You're the best thing  I've come across lately. I will never forget you because you will always be with me. Until the end?"

"Forever."

Neither of us knew what awaited us. What is approaching us and how much time we have left. And we were both ready to spend every free moment together. I've never loved anyone like that and been with I'm sure I'll never love anyone like that.

And as we stood there, in my office in London, I felt like there were only the two of us. Garrett and I.

Garrett and Amber.

Angel and Devil who are in love. People who are so different but the same. Lovers who make love.

And I knew that no matter what happened and whoever came, my memories would remain. It will always remain in my heart and in my mind. There will always be his paintings and memories that we experienced together. The obstacles we have overcome and which we will overcome will always be there.

And I wanted us to stay like this forever. So that nothing divides us. To be just me and him.

Forever.

.....................................................................................................................................

I think that they are cute together. Really cute, but I am afraid that it will end. I wish to not.

Barbara