Thirteenth Chapter - Family or enemies

Amber

I was lying on Garrett's hard chest, which was currently serving me as a pillow. He stroked my back with his bare hand and I stroked his chest again. We did it five times and I was completely done. I didn't expect it to turn out like this tonight. But I am satisfied with this development. I didn't worry about tomorrow. I didn't want to deal with it.

"Who's James?" Garrett asked suddenly.

"He is a good friend of mine from New York. He plays hockey for New York. He's Denis's best friend and he's mine, too, "I explained, stroking his perfectly smooth chest.

"Are you going to New York for him?"

"It is one of the reasons I go there. I have neglected our friendship for a long time. And I have to check the publishing house and solve the scandal. It will definitely not be a walk in the rose garden, "I sighed.

That was the last sentence I remember then we both fell asleep. I fell asleep with his pounding heart.

I woke up to ring from my phone. Garrett was pressed with his chest against my back. And his hand hugged me. His palm was resting on my bóobs.

I leaned gently over the bedside table and picked up my cell phone. Cole called me. Then I will definitely not pick it up. But it kept ringing in my head that I was a coward. I'm not a coward and I certainly won't run from my brother.

I got out of Garrett's arms. I expected him to wake up, but he didn't. He slept like he was killed.

I jumped out of bed and lifted his shirt. I put it on and quietly left the bedroom.

I stopped in the living room, where I stood by a large French window and watched night London. I took a deep breath and called my annoying brother.

"Amber, you finally picked it up for me. Where are you? Why did you run away from me? Where is my wife? "He was not drunk.

That was a good sign. At least he'll remember our conversation.

"We did not run from you, we were just in a hurry. And in a moment it will be your ex-wife, "I smirked.

"Amber, stop telling me búllshit and teasing me. Eva is still my wife and I will not allow us to divorce. "

"Cole, are you listening? You won't alove her to divorce you? You can't stop her from divorcing you. And finally stop making trouble. What are you actually doing in London? "

He was unbearable and I no longer knew my own brother.

"I have a job Amber. And I want to see my wife! "

"Then call her. Why are you calling me? I have nothing to do with your divorce. It's just between the two of you. I'm just helping her and Eva is my best friend. Call Eva. I can't stop you from seeing her, but she can. "

"She is not answering my calls. She blocked my phone number. Amber help me get her back. "

"Are you crazy? I won't even move. Cole, you cheated on her every and kept lying to her. Cole, admit it's over. If you love Eva so much, let her go. Please, bro. "

I wanted my old brother Cole back to protect me and make me laugh.

"Amber, you don't understand! You never loved anyone, and no one loved you either. You don't know what love is, and you'll never know it, because you're just an ordinary selfish and spoiled bítch, Amber Devenport. You're not worthy of any love ... "he told me.

How did I feel?

Useless. I regretted picking it up for him. And I kept replaying his words in my head. I didn't know my brother. He wasn't the boy I grew up with, and I was most sorry.