Twenty second chapter - True

Garrett

I was worried about Amber. She didn't cry or show any feeling. And I was the same. I have never shown anyone my weakness. Not even her.

And I was afraid that was what would divide us.

In Italy, my people were waiting for us in front of the airport, they took our suitcases to the hotel and we got in my red car, the Alfa Romeo brand.

It was not far to the hospital and we soon found out where Eva is.

We both spoke Italian fluently, which helped us.

On the second floor, we found Christina and Denis.

Christina hugged Amber hard. She cried, and Denis was just wounded by her crying.

"Amber, I'm worried about her. So I'm scared. I don't want to lose her. "

"Don't worry, we won't lose her. Where is Anna? "

"We sent her to New York with Sia and Erik. They take her home to my mother first and then they go to London. They will stay in your apartment. "

"That's fine. Has the doctor been here yet? "

"No, but any minute ..."

The doctor seemed to appear magically at that moment.

"Are you Eva Devenport's family?" He asked in Italian.

"Eva has no parents, we are her friends, she has no one."

"Of course, I'll tell you."

"Is that bad, Doctor?" I asked.

"Miss Devenport, is fine. She's out of danger. She has a broken arm and some frostbite. She had a laceration on her side, but we sewed it up and everything should be fine. She's still asleep, she's still sedated, but she should wake up in a moment. You can all come in now and wait inside. "

"I know it's stupid to ask, but when could we take her home?"

"In a few days, if everything is in order. But she shouldn't fly, the wound could open. Therefore, she should last at least a week before she travels. If you need anything just come to me. Your friend had more luck than common sense. Under such conditions go to the mountains. Irresponsibility. "

"What did you say ?! She almost died and you're blaming her. Yes, she should not go to the mountains alone and in such weather, but she learned from her injuries. And now I'm going to see my friend, who is lying in bed with a fracture, "Amber said.

She screamed so loud that my eardrums almost broke.

"Come on," she said in English.

She took my hand and dragged me to Eva's room.

Christina did the same with Denis.

When the door opened, we entered a large hospital room with a magnificent view of the mountains. Eva lay on the bed, her face bruised. Christina sat down on the couch next to Amber. Denis and I went to the buffet for something. Both of our women were tired and hungry. And I was glad Amber had vented her anger on the doctor, not me. But she could scream. I have to remind myself that I should never upset her like that doctor. That would be my death.

In the buffet we bought coffee, water, sweets, chips and everything we could. The lady behind the counter looked at us like crazy. We are crazy. Fools in love.

Denis and I wanted to drink coffee at the buffet. Amber and Christina must have had something to say and they didn't need us.

"It must have scared Amber, didn't it?" Denis asked.

"Her phone almost dropped when she found out. After all, she is her friend. We just ate dinner, we got on a plane as fast as we could and flew here. "

"I understand. Christina almost dropped out and vomited when she found out. My daughter, you met Anna cried. And when I saw them both crying, it broke my heart. Both loves of my life cried and I couldn't help them. "

"I understand you, even though I don't know what it's like to have a daughter. I've never had one. But I understand you. Amber didn't shed a tear, but I know she was bothered. She didn't say a word all the way around the plane. "

"I've known Amber for a long time. And let me tell you, she wasn't always like that. But after Alex broke her heart ... "I interrupted.

I didn't know who he was talking about and what he wanted to suggest to me.

"What are you talking about?"

"You know, Amber was still in love with my younger, half-brother, Alex Mandez. He didn't fall in love with her, she has given him her virginity and then he left. And she pretended there would be something between them. Alex then fell in love with Christina and let's say he broke her heart too, although it was because of me, but you don't need to know. And Amber hasn't cried since. But never. Never. She's been a tough woman ever since. Among the people she loves not. But as for crying. She hasn't cried since. "

"You mean Alex, the winemaker. Who were the friends with the benefits? "

"Yes, I know they slept together a few times as soon as Christina mentioned me, I don't need to know a similar description of their sex life, but yes. Then they got over it and they are friends, as they are both Anna's godparents and they meet. And I also know that my half-brother was beginning to feel something for her, but then he had to return to Sicily urgently. "

"Interesting."

"But if you want to know my opinion. Amber didn't look at anyone like you for a long time. She's really in love with you. I don't know what you charmed her with, but you melted the cold Amber and put sparks back in her eyes. Then don't fuck it up. "

"Thank you, I also hope I won't let her down."

"I hope so, too Garrett. Amber is an amazing woman and she also has a sensitive side that she will reveal to you when she is ready for it. If you ruin it, I'll beat you. I don't hide the fact that I like Amber, "he patted me on the shoulder and left the cafe.

His words stayed in my head for at least a few minutes. And it was clear to me that Amber is amazing and is surrounded by friends who love her. And I wanted to be more than just a friend. I wanted to be her guy.

The last guy she'll love.

.....................................................................................................................................

What do you think will Garrett's wishes come true? Or will someone stop him? What will happen to Eva? Will she be all right? How will it be next?

The next chapter will be published on June 7th , 2022. It will be from Amber's point of view.

As always, I will publish a trailer for the new chapter the day before.

Yours, Barbara