Twenty ninth chapter - Son like Father

Amber

I came out of the plane perfectly groomed and dressed. There was no sign of crying. But my insides were still crying. And the feeling that something had happened didn't help. I went all over the internet on the plane to find something, but not a trace of the accident. Then my head hurts.

When I got off the plane, Alex's car was waiting for me. He smiled at me and then hugged me tightly. And I couldn't stand it and I cried. Even after those hours of crying, I still needed to get it out.

"Get in the car and we'll go home to me. You'll tell me everything there, "he pushed me into the car.

I sat in the back seat and Alex sat down next to me. The driver closed the door behind us and smiled.

The road to his house was quiet. Neither of us said a word.

We didn't meet a single car during the trip. The road to Alex was quite long, as he lived far from the center of the island. It had its own driveway and a huge piece of land on which there were even horse stables, flower beds, a lake and even a huge swimming pool.

He could afford it all thanks to wine and books. A special combination.

The driver unloaded my suitcases and Alex described to him in Italian where to take them. I smiled at his accent. He spoke as if he had always lived here.

He helped me out of the car and cross his gravel road. There is gravel everywhere in front of the house. I know Alex explained its meaning to me once.

He took me to his house.

There was silence everywhere. Thunder silence. All that could be heard was our footsteps and the clatter of my heels, across the marble floor.

Every time I came here, I felt like a princess. Alex's house was as historic and large as a palace. I could never find my way around it, even if I tried.

"Do you still want to talk or do you want to sleep?" He asked.

"I want to see the beautiful man," I tried to smile.

"Come on, I hope he's still asleep. My housekeeper should have stayed with him, I asked her to. "

I just nodded. Quietly, as best we could, we walked up the stairs. This great villa of his had so many floors and so many corridors that everyone would get lost.

That's why I just followed the owner. I was afraid I would lose him, so I took off my pumps and walked with them in hand.

We finally stopped at the big door and Alex slowly opened it. I didn't catch what the housekeeper whispered, but she went outside.

She smiled.

"Thank you for looking after him for me," he said fluently in Italian.

"I was honored. I wish you a good night now. Mrs. Amber, too," she smiled at me.

"Good night," I said to her, too.

The elderly lady walked away and Alex and I entered the nursery.

The whole room was decorated in blue and white. The walls of the room were blue while the furnishings were beautiful. A white cot in which a baby slept under a blue blanket. It looked beautiful.

I came closer to the crib and looked at the little boy who was sleeping in it. He was beautiful. The most beautiful baby I've ever seen. He laid on his stomach, blowing softly, snoring softly.

Alex stood beside me, watching me.

After about ten minutes of observation, we disappeared from the room into the hallway. Alex closed the door and I couldn't stand it.