𝟎𝟓. 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐈𝐕𝐀𝐋 | 𝘚𝘗𝘖𝘛 𝘊𝘖𝘕𝘓𝘖𝘕

𝐃𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎: leo_wifeyy

"The truth is, I like him, Ace. That's all there is to it; I like Spot."

- 📰 -

𝑺𝒑𝒐𝒕 𝑪𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒐𝒏.
You first met Spot when the two of you were five. Your parents were friends, and he was the first person there when they passed away; and vice versa. Ever since, the two of you have remained close friends, even if he's now your selling rival.

The two of you grew up in Brooklyn together, and always did everything together. Before he became the king of Brooklyn, the two of you would sell side by side. Before he became the king, the two of you shared a bunk in the lodging house. Before he became the king... it was all before he became the king.

- 📰 -

You leave the lodging house, and head to the newspaper circle. Much to your (secret) delight, you run into Spot. "Hey, Y/N," he mumbles. You hum a small response, then head to get your papers. "Fifty," you say. "Only fifty?" Spot says, earning your gaze. He's smirking, but it doesn't reach the concern in his eyes.

"Yeah. Fifty," you respond, grabbing them and heading out to your usual spot. Not a moment later, you hear rapid footsteps trailing behind you. You turn around, and you're met with Ace. "Oh, hey, Ace," you say. "Hi, Y/N," he replies, falling into step beside you.

You walk together to your selling spot, where you also sit together. The two of you look around, but don't see anyone, as it's still early on. "Y/N, I have a question," Ace breaks the silence, his gaze falling on you. You look back at him, "what is it?"

"Why do you dislike Spot so much?" he asks. Your eyes meet his, and a sad smile tugs at your lips. "Oh, Ace..." you trail off. "I don't dislike him at all." He looks at you, confusion etched across his face. "Then.. what is it? What is it you feel for him?"

"The truth is, Ace.. I like him. That's really all there is to it; I like Spot," you say, your gaze now at the ground. "I.. can't say I'm surprised," he responds, and you return your gaze to him. "You expected me to like him?" "Yeah. With a history like yours, I'm not surprised at all."

- 📰 -

About ten minutes later, Spot comes to his selling spot, right across from yours. Ace takes this as a cue to leave, and he walks off after bidding you goodbye. Spot looks across the way at you, his piercing blue gaze unusually soft. "What's with that look?" you ask him, raising your voice a little in order for him to hear.

"None of your concern," he responds, giving you a signature smirk. You roll your eyes, leaning back against the wall behind you, your gaze falling to the ground once more. After a few moments, a set of footsteps approach you, and you look back up to see that you're face to face with Spot.

"What are you doing?" you ask. He brings his hand up, slowly reaching out to cup your cheek. "Are you okay?" he asks, his gaze soft once again. "I'm fine.. why?" you reply, averting your eyes elsewhere. You feel Spot's finger brush against your cheekbone before he gently runs it down your jawline until he reaches your chin, making your breath hitch.

His thumb strokes over your bottom lip, causing it to part slightly. He locks eyes with you, before slowly leaning in. "I heard you tell Ace how you feel.." he whispers, his face close enough for you to feel his breath against your mouth. You shift your gaze between both of his eyes, then down to his lips. "How you feel about me.."

His other hand lands on the curve of your waist, pulling you against his body. You gasp at the sudden contact, but don't move. He gives your chin a slightly firmer grip, before pressing his lips to your own. You immediately relax against him, reciprocating the kiss.

After a few moments, he pulls away. Both of your breathing patterns are heavy, and your faces are both red. "I like you too, Y/N. I always have."