𝟎𝟔. 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐘 𝐒𝐊𝐈𝐄𝐒 & 𝐇𝐀𝐙𝐄𝐋 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒 | 𝘔𝘜𝘚𝘏 𝘔𝘌𝘠𝘌𝘙𝘚

𝐃𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍: 𝑹𝒆𝒒𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝑻𝒐 𝑹𝒆𝒎𝒂𝒊𝒏 𝑨𝒏𝒐𝒏𝒚𝒎𝒐𝒖𝒔

Mush laid with Y/N on the roof of the lodge, staring up at the stars. He looked over at her, and admired her the way she admired the night sky.

- 📰 -

Mush silently hops down from his bed, right above yours, and you stir as you feel your own bed dip down. A gentle hand coming to rest on your shoulder causes you to fully awaken, and you look over to see a blurred Mush smiling fondly at you.

You blink a few times, allowing your focus to readjust as you look at him once more. "Mush?" you whisper, "what is it? It's one in the morning." "I know, I know.. I just want you to come with me," he responds, his voice matching your level. You look confusedly at him, but you proceed to get up anyway.

He leads you up to the rooftop, and to a small area he set up. Two pillows are laid out, along with a new blanket he had been saving up for. Three lanterns are scattered around, dimly lighting the area up. You admire the scene ahead of you, then your eyes become slightly cloudy as you recall telling him you've always wanted to stargaze alongside him.

The two of you lay down side by side, close enough for your shoulders to be touching. He feels your shoulder slightly clash against his, and the faint sound of your teeth chattering rings in his ears. He grabs the new blanket, and he pulls it over the two of you.

"Oh.. it's not big enough," you murmur. "That's okay, Y/N.. just move closer to me. It'll be easy for the two of us to be covered up together, and you can use some of my body warmth as well," Mush replies. You give him a small nod, and move your body closer to his.

He readjusts the blanket, which now rests comfortably on the two of you. You shift your body around, bringing your head to rest upon Mush's shoulder. He drapes an arm around your waist, the warmth of his hand sending waves of heat through your body.

You bring your own arm to splay out across his torso, your fingers tracing small patterns along the ridges of his six pack. You can tell he appreciates the gentle contact, feeling the muscles of his abdomen relax with every passing second. You look up, and the expanse of space seems to shine a bit brighter as you do so.

Mush does the same, watching the stars above. "Do you ever wonder what it's like up there?" he whispers, breaking the silence between the two of you. You hum a response, shifting yourself closer to him. He lets out a soft chuckle, wrapping his arm around you a bit tighter.

Unbeknownst to you, his gaze fixates on you. He slowly moves his eyes across your facial features, before finally locking onto your eyes. He notices as they fill with wonder, the indistinct reflection of stars in them, making them look as though they sparkle. He brings the two of you into a sitting position, and you look at him.

"You're beautiful.." he murmurs, his eyes still ambling across your facial features. You feel your face start to heat up, and you turn yourself around. You sit in between his legs, leaning back as he does, resting your head on his shoulder once more.

Before you can look back up to the sky, however, you feel Mush's callused fingers come to a gentle rest on your chin. You turn your body around, so your legs are sideways across his, allowing you to give him your full attention. His gaze is fond as he looks at you, just as a soft smile graces his facial features. "May I?" he whispers.

You nod, and his other hand comes to rest on your other cheek. His lips meet yours, gently as they move, and the sweet sensation makes you melt instantly. Your heart flutters as one of his hands comes down to the small of your back, bringing you closer to him.

A few moments later, the two of you pull away, your chests heaving as your foreheads rest against each other. He leans up, pressing a soft kiss to your forehead. You smile at him, which he returns. You rest your head back against his shoulder, shifting your gaze to the stars once again.

"Your eyes shine as you watch the stars. I don't mean that because of the sky's reflection; I just meant it because of how bright they are... even when everything else disappears behind the clouds," he continues. "You never let your gaze falter, Y/N, and I admire that about you. I admire you."