𝟏𝟎. 𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓 | 𝘋𝘖𝘔𝘐𝘕𝘐𝘊 𝘓𝘜𝘊𝘌𝘙𝘖

𝐃𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎: dominic. we miss you and we love you forever, our sweet boy.

⚠️ TW!! ⚠️
cancer, hospitals, death
READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

Dominic Lucero and Viviana Lombardi have always believed in reincarnation. They both believed they'd grow old together, and then meet again in the next life. What are they to do, when they realize that's not going to happen?

---

August 9th, 1992
Second Person Perspective

"Viviana Serafina Lombardi," Dominic starts, lowering onto one knee. "I love you with my whole heart, body and soul. You are my everything, the reason I'm here. I can't imagine life without you; I don't want to even think about it." He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a small black velvet box.

With a shaking hand, he opens the box, revealing a twisted, encrusted band with a rounded diamond. Dominic looks back up, and into your teary eyes. His own fill with tears, "will you marry me?" he finally manages to speak up. You nod vigorously, letting out a laugh as he dives forward, holding tightly onto your waist.

He slides the ring onto your left hand, before taking your hand and kissing your finger where the ring now stays. You help him stand, then taking the moment to pull him against your body and kiss him. He immediately reciprocates it, snaking his arms around your waist as he does so. He slowly breaks apart from you, wiping some stray tears away as he does so. "I love you, Vivi."

---

March 24th, 1993
Second Person Perspective

"I, Dominic Lucero, take this woman, Viviana Lombardi, to be my lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part." Dominic repeats after the priest, his gaze soft as he watches you. You smile at him, wanting nothing but to kiss him at this point.

"And I, Viviana Lombardi, take this man, Dominic Lucero, to be my lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part." You repeat after, and the two of you exchange rings. After the rest of the ceremony goes, the priest finally says, "you may now kiss the bride."

Dominic swiftly, yet gently, pulls you in by your waist. He takes your lacy veil within his fingers, lifting it above your face. "Hi," you whisper. "Hi, yourself," he whispers back, leaning in to press his lips to yours. Cheers arise as the two of you pull away, your hands still intertwined with his. You look at your family and friends, a wide smile on your face. "We're married!" you shout, causing everyone to cheer louder. Dominic sweeps you away into his arms, then runs out of the chapel with you.

---

August 28th, 1993
Second Person Perspective

"Viv, where are you?" you hear Dominic yell from the top of the stairs in your shared house. "The kitchen, baby!" you yell back, before turning your focus back to the cake you're finishing. Dominic walks downstairs and into the kitchen, and a quiet gasp escapes his lips. "Darling, what is all this?" he asks, his voice soft. "Your birthday cake," you turn toward him, "happy birthday, D."