30: In This Life Of Mine, I Wish To See You Die

A loud bang was heard by the two and out of instinct; Matt pulled his pistol from his boot and the other from the back of his jacket.

In looking to the direction of the gunshot, Matt failed to realise the girl was snatched until he heard the faint click of a weapon, immediately drawing his gun out as well.

In turning around, he saw a brunet holding Y/n flush against his chest; one hand holding a gun pointing to Matt whist the other draped across the h/c haired girl's chest to keep her from running.

Matt had his gun pointed to no other than Jack Russell himself.

With a frown, Jack spoke, "I didn't want to have to do this because Y/n is actually a sweet girl but you piss me off even more, Mail."

The male in response scoffed, "Aren't you a officer? Playing dirty now, are we?" Matt asked tauntingly, "That's fine. More of a reason to kill you."

Jack laughed a bit and the males words as the resistance to shoot the male in front of him wore thin, "Everything is always about Mail fucking Jeevas, ain't it? Mail Jeevas is selfish enough to put this lovely girl in danger, Mail Jeevas is selfish enough so he has to be the best, Mail Jeevas is so selfish that his ego is more important than negotiating with me to let Y/n go."

Visible anger arose out of the officer and Y/n could feel his heart rate against her increase rapidly as he spoke, "Mail Jeevas is so fucking selfish that he doesn't know what misery he puts other people in!"

Jack leaned down slightly to put his face next to Y/n's, "And I don't just mean me."

The h/c haired girl shook her head, "That's not true."

"'That's not true'?" Russell quoted in amusement. "You're telling me you didn't have a constant fear when you were out? Always looking over your shoulder? Hoping to God that no one gets to you, more so the little one that's always with you." Jack merely breathlessly scoffed, "If that ain't misery, then I don't know what is."

The other brunet in the striped shirt laughed which seemingly confused the two, "You don't know what is misery? I'll tell you what is misery." Mail said, "Misery is waking up next to an alarm instead of a wife. Drinking coffee as if it was water to make up for the lack of sleep. Misery is having the same routine every God damn day wishing something was different instead of doing something about it."

Matt had definitely gotten under Jack's skin by the heavy breathing of the male behind her, "That is misery, Russell. You've been living it."

Y/n stiffened when Jack cocked his gun, pointer finger fiddling with the trigger in which he noticed.

"Don't worry, Y/n." Jack consoled, "Unfortunately, I won't kill him." For a minute she was relieved; that was until he spoke again, "But he will."

As if on cue, a male with long black hair paired with dark brown eyes walked towards Matt from behind.

At the same time, Matt took one of his guns that was pointed at Jack so it pointed to William Rontly as William pulled his pistol; aiming it straight to Matt's forehead.

"My my." William started, "Mail Jeevas. I gotta say, it was hard getting you cornered. Little advice for ya: don't let anyone find out your weakness." Williams gaze went straight to Y/n and Matt knew that.

Subconsciously the brunet's grip tightened on the pistol aiming at the black haired male.

"I know you're here for revenge." Mail growled almost, anger beaming from his aura, "But are the drugs finally starting to kick in for you to forget that we have a fucking truce?"

The Rontly building was nothing more than a front for drug deals. Upon knowing this, Mello and Matt had savagely set fire to the building to get rid of millions of dollars worth of their best products.

William laughed at his statement when his eyes flickered to the girl in Jack's grip.

He approached the two and took Y/n from Russell, holding her the same way with his gun still not leaving Matt's figure.

"A pretty little thing you got here, Jeevas." William caressed the girl's face with his knuckles.

"Get it off or I'll bite your fingers off." Y/n warned sternly which made the male retract his hand almost immediately.

He then laughed at her statement, "Feisty one too. Man! How and why do you get the good ones." He pouted.

"Your fight's with me ass for brains." Matt said, "Leave her out of it. We had a truce for fucks sake!"

William shook his head playfully, "You know better than anyone that I don't play by the rules."

"Your daddy doesn't either, Y/n" spoke Russell which caused her to crane her neck to look at him.

"What's that supposed to mean?" The captive girl asked.

Russell neared closer to her face and looked dead into her eyes, "Who did you think told me you were dating him." He gestured to Matt who was equally shocked as she was.

Y/n growled as she thought about how her father was always on her ass and causing trouble for her because he was just that evil.

"I'm gonna fucking kill him." The female muttered which wasn't missed by the black haired male.

William laughed at her statement, "No need for that darling considering I did it for you already."

"What?!" She exclaimed out of shock. She didn't feel a sense of loss, grief or sadness.

She felt fucking relieved; happy almost.

"You think daddy's business is doing so well just because of his service?" Russell asked with a raised brow.

"He was stealing from me. I don't tolerate people who steal from me." William informed, "I don't tolerate people who burn my shit either."

With a slight exhale, William huffed, "Now, I don't kill women at all." The long haired male cocked his gun and averted it from Mail to Y/n's temple, the cold barrel making contact with her skin, "I'll kill this one if you don't come with me."

"Drop your guns." William demanded, his playful demeanor being switched to a serious one.

"Matt, do that and I'll kill you before he does." Y/n warned seriously.

This caused the male to smile at her slightly, he shook his head at her empty threat and placed his guns on the floor, "You're gonna be okay, alright sweetheart? Nothing's gonna happen to you."

William raised a brow at his quick compliance but laughed it off anyway, "Man! Its like Christmas! Wouldn't you say, Russell?"

William looked to the frowning officer who folded his arms in response, "I don't care. I have done my part so I expect to never hear from you again." Jack said, warning William almost.

"Awe!" William pouted, "And here I thought we were friends."

"Hands off her now." Matt demanded, eyes now on the brunet.

Y/n frowned at the sight, tears brimming her eyes as she thought of how defenseless her boyfriend is. He was at her captors mercy and it doesn't take a genius to figure out what William wants to do with Matt.

He wants to kill him.

"Now. Y/n, darling." William whispered in her ear, "This might hurt a bit."

Before she can question his statement, she felt an object making contact with her head; knocking her out cold.