15: I'm In A State Of Peace When I'm By Your Side

Matt groaned as he opened his eyes, not wanting to move really.

It all just hurt.

He had gotten shot, died, came back to life and there was one thing on his mind.

One person more like.

Y/n.

He smiled at the thought of her. It was okay if she didn't talk to him anymore, at least she wouldn't be hurt anymore even if it destroyed him.

Just then a nurse came in with a clipboard in her hands.

"Mail Jeevas, yes?"

"Yeah."

"Well, you seem to be doing just fine. The healing process might take some time so you'll be in here for a while." she informed.

Matt sighed, "Fantastic."

"You think you're ready to handle a visitor?"

Matt furrowed his brows, "I have a visitor?"

The nurse nodded, "Yes a young woman, she's been here since the day you came in."

Matt's head jerked backward, "How long have I been in here?"

"Four days."

"Must be Parker," he mumbled and smiled a bit, "Send her in."

With a firm nod, the nurse exited as Matt laid his head back, looking at the ceiling

Matt heard the door open and close, "Sweet of you to stay in this place for four days for me." he chuckled lowly, "I was half expecting you to smuggle me in my sleep."

"I was thinking about it,"

The voice made Matt avert his eyes from the ceiling to the girl.

Y/n stood in front of him, playing with the hem of her shirt.

"Then I thought it was illegal so I didn't bother." she laughed slightly.

"Y/n?" He looked at her in disbelief, wondering if she was actually standing before him or not.

"This may be a dumb question but how are you feeling?" She asked, walking a bit closer.

"G-Good. I mean it hurts." he laughed lowly, "But I'll be fine."

"How are you?" He asked.

"Good." Y/n nodded.

Awkward silence befell on the two before Matt spoke.

"I thought you weren't speaking to me?" Matt asked, "Not that I'm complaining, of course."

Y/n shrugged, "How could I when you're in such a bad state."

He then frowned, "You're gonna leave when I get better?"

The female scratched her head and looked at anywhere besides Matt's brown eyes, "I don't know." she paused, "I'm not gonna act like it didn't hurt like a bitch when you walked out."

Matt shook his head as he grunted when he sat up.

"Y/n, I rather you hate me if it meant that you would be safe," he said seriously, "Kenny was going to hurt you if I didn't do something about it right away. He kills women and children or puts them through sex trafficking."

Y/n stiffened upon hearing such information. He really was an asshole.

"Quite frankly, that's why everyone wants him dead."

"And why you and Mello tried to kill him before." Y/n stated, now looking at his direction.

Matt nodded, "He was lying. The Calerna never side with him. When we got to him, fucker was hiding by the entrance. When I finally shot him though, he got me back."