Chapter Nineteen

"Wren! Wait up!"

I turn around to see Cameron jogging up to me with a smile.

"You go on ahead," I tell Addison. "I'll be there in a minute."

She nods her head before walking off, and when Cameron stops in front of me, he takes my hand in his.

"Hey, you."

"Hey, Cam."

"So I was wondering if we could go on a date tonight?"

The smile on my face slightly starts to fall.

"Oh, umm, I'm not so sure. I think I might be busy."

"Are you sure? Because I was really hoping that I could show you some of my photography tonight."

"I would love to see that," I say, "but I don't know if tonight works for me."

He furrows his eyebrows together.

"Is everything okay, Wren?"

"Of course. Why wouldn't it be?"

"I don't know. You just haven't seemed like yourself these past few days."

"Oh, I just haven't been feeling that well. You know, headaches."

"Why didn't you tell me before now?" he asks.

"I didn't want to worry you."

"Is there anything I can do to help with them?"

"No, Cam, it's fine. I'm fine. Nothing I can't handle. Okay? Don't worry."

"I'll try not to."

"Good. Now, you have a meeting to get to."

"How did you know?"

"You always have one," I say, and he chuckles.

"You got me there. I'll talk to you later?"

I nod my head, and he smiles. He kisses my forehead and squeezes my hand before walking off. Once he's out of sight, I let out a sigh.

I can't believe I just lied to him.

But I can't let him know what's really been bothering me since the rebel attack the other night.

London's words of me not being good enough and me never being able to actually be with Cameron start swirling through my head once again, and I try to shake them away.

This is why I've been acting so different. I haven't been able to forget about London and everything she told me. And the more I think about it all, the more I'm convinced that she's right about it. But I really don't want to get into this all over again. I've got to meet Addison.

I make my way to the Women's Room and find Addison almost immediately. I sit down next to her, and she gives me a smile.

"So what did Prince Charming want?" she asks.

"Oh, umm, he asked me on a date tonight."

"Oooh! What are you two going to do?"

"I actually said no," I say, and she immediately puts down her tea.

"Why?"

"I just haven't been feeling that well, and I think it's best for me to call it an early night. You know, get some extra rest."

She gives me a look.

"Okay, the real reason now, please."

"I knew you wouldn't buy it."