Chapter Thirty-Seven

"Well, I don't know about you guys, but I am dying for a nice, quiet day of relaxation," Addison says as we're leaving breakfast. 

"Me too," Leila agrees. "After the craziness of yesterday, I don't want to have to worry about anything today." 

"What do you think we should do then?" I ask. 

"How about a movie?" 

"A movie sounds lovely," Leila says, and Addison squeals. 

"Good! Because there's a new rom-com out that I am just DYING to watch!" 

The three of us link arms before making our way to the movie theater. 

After my not-so-pleasant conversation with Cameron yesterday, I spent the rest of the day with Leila and Addison. Leila was released from the infirmary after only a couple of hours of being there since her physical injuries weren't too severe, so I stayed with her until she was released, and then after, we met up with Addison and had a little girl's night. 

And it was actually really nice. 

I know I've been wary of Leila these past few weeks because of her feelings for Cameron but staying with her yesterday allowed me to really get to know her. And she's actually a really cool person. So even though it's just been since yesterday that we've been hanging out, I've really enjoyed it. 

Cameron is still in the infirmary and will be there for at least a couple more days since his injuries were worse. And even though I said that I would go back to check on him after our little argument or whatever it was, I haven't been back yet. 

Part of the reason why was because I knew that his family was going to go see him later in the day, and I didn't want to interrupt their time with him. 

But if I'm being completely honest, the main reason why I didn't go back to see him last night was because I'm still mad and frustrated with him. 

I mean, he wouldn't even let me TALK yesterday. 

And he was yelling right off the bat when all I had asked was if he was okay. 

I can't believe he had the audacity to do that after all the times he has asked me if I'm okay and pressured me until I told him the truth! 

I was just concerned about him and wanted him to know that I'm here for him, that he can trust me with his feelings. 

But no. 

I guess when it's my feelings, he deserves to know them as well, but when they're his, then he's supposed to keep them to himself instead of sharing them. 

And I get that what he just went through was very traumatic, and he has every right to not want to talk about it right now. But going through that does not give him the right to be a jerk to the person he supposedly loves. 

I'm probably being irrational and overdramatic with this whole thing, but what he did hurt. And I think that I have every right to not go see him until I'm ready. 

When the three of us get to the movie theater, Addison and Leila start searching for the movie that Addison wants to watch, and I start making the popcorn. Once it's ready, I put it in three bowls, so we each can have our own. Once they get the movie in, we all sit down with our popcorn and start watching the movie. 

About halfway through the movie, we've all lost our attention for the movie because it didn't turn out to be as good as Addison hoped. 

Addison stretches and yawns a bit. 

"Well, I am quite tired, so I think I'm going to go lie down and take a nap." 

Leila turns to me.