Chapter Thirty-Five

"So what would you rate our first breakfast date?" Cameron asks as I lean back into him while eating a strawberry. I think about it for a few seconds before holding up five fingers in front of us.

"Five stars."

"Wow. A whole five stars?"

"Mm-hmm," I say as I finish off my strawberry.

"And what did I do to deserve such a high rating?"

"Are you just fishing for a compliment?" I ask, and he lets out a laugh as he intertwines our hands together.

"Maybe."

"Well, I guess I can give you one. But you're going to have to give me a minute to think about it."

"Ouch. That one hurt," he says, but when I hear the playfulness in his voice, I turn around and look at him with a smile to see that he's already smiling at me. "So. My compliment? Is it ready yet?"

I playfully shake my head before grabbing another strawberry with the hand he isn't holding.

"I said give me a minute."

As I'm taking a bite, he leans up to my ear.

"Tick tock. Tick tock."

I can't help but let out a laugh.

"Okay, okay. I'll give you one." I set the strawberry down and look back at him. "This date was five stars because even though it was simple, it was sweet. It was thoughtful. It showed all of the love and care you put into it. And it was exactly what I needed to get me through the week. So I guess what I'm saying about you is that you're the most considerate person I know, and I love how much you understand me and how you just always know the perfect thing to do or say to cheer me up."

He smiles at me.

"That's all I wanted to hear," he says.

"Well, don't expect any more compliments for the rest of the day. You just reached your daily limit," I tell him, and he pouts.

"Oh, come on. That's not fair."

"Of course, it is. I don't want you getting a big head."

"I won't. I promise."

"I don't know. I still think you don't need any more."

"What if I shower you with compliments? Then can I earn one in return?"

I shrug my shoulders.

"I don't know. I guess it depends on how good they are."

He wraps an arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him and also turning me around to where I'm facing him.

"Wren, you are the most beautiful person that I've ever met. You are truly radiant, and every time I see you, my heart skips a beat, and I have to catch my breath because I am just forever in awe of your true beauty and the fact that I get to call you mine. You rival the sun with the warmth and comfort that you make me feel, and you light up every single room you walk into just by simply being yourself," he says and leans in closer to me. "Shall I go on?"

I slightly shake my head, trying to maintain eye contact even though my face is burning a bright red.

"No, I think that's plenty."

"Are you sure? Because I could go on and on and on about the wonderful person you are and about how lucky I am to be with you."

"I think I got your point. So can you please stop making me blush?" I ask, and he smirks at me.