Chapter Seven

Once we enter the dining room, we see that there are place cards at each spot, meaning we don't get to choose who we sit with. Which instantly fills me with dread.

If I'm not sitting anywhere near Addison, I am completely screwed.

We all slowly enter, reading each place card to figure out where we have to sit, and I finally find mine on the left side of the table in the middle. I let out a small sigh of relief when I see that Addison is sitting to the right of me. I quickly wave her over, and her excitement rises when she sees that we're sitting next to each other.

"I can't believe we got so lucky as to be placed next to each other!" she exclaims. "We get to eat every meal together! This is all so exciting!"

We all take our seats and are soon served our meal. And let me just say, that everything looks absolutely amazing. 

As gracefully as I can and trying to remember the few quick etiquette lessons that Evelynn gave to us, I begin eating the meal and have to stop myself from letting out a sigh. This food is heavenly! I've never had something this good before! And there's so much of it! 

Throughout the meal, Addison and I talk about the competition and what we think meeting the prince is going to be like. Well, Addison does most of the talking while I either agree or disagree. Which is fine by me because it gives me more time to eat. And less time to think about the part of this whole thing that I'm dreading: the relationship. 

By the end of the three-course meal, I am stuffed. And I've never been stuffed in my life. I'm usually always hungry, my stomach begging for just a little more.

That makes me think back to my family eating dinner at home. And even though it reassures me that they have the first check from the palace, and that they're probably eating better tonight then they ever have, I still feel guilty that I get to be here, eating and enjoying all of this.

I don't deserve to be here.

I'm a Five.

I don't belong here.

I mean, look at the rest of these girls. They LOOK like they belong here, and they haven't even been here for a full day yet. Even the one other Five that's here looks more comfortable than I do.

I look so out of place.

I bet I'll be gone by morning.

One look at me, and the prince will be able to tell that this isn't where I belong.

Once everyone is finished with dinner, we're dismissed and sent to our rooms to get ready for bed. After all, tomorrow is a big day, and we're going to need our beauty rest.

Addison and I walk up to the second floor together, talking about what to expect tomorrow morning.

"What do you think he'll be like?" she asks me, excitement evident in her eyes.

"I don't know," I tell her. "I guess I've never really thought about it."

"Well, I think that he's going to be so sweet and charming and regal! I bet he'll even be funny too!" she exclaims dreamily.

"I don't feel like he's the type of person to just make jokes out of the blue."

"Maybe not. But I bet when you really get to know him, and he's comfortable, that's when you'll see that he's very humorous." 

I just shake my head with a small smile.

"That's if I'll even be here long enough to get to know him," I say. "He could send me home tomorrow morning as soon as he meets me."