Chapter Forty-Two

"What do you think about this one, Lady Wren?"

Alice holds up another flower arrangement, and I stare at it for a minute before shaking my head.

"No, I don't think that one's it either."

"Okay. Let me go grab the other handful we had made," she says, and I smile at her.

"Thank you, Alice."

She leaves to go grab even more flower arrangements, and I sigh as I join Cameron at the table full of different fabrics. He turns to look at me and frowns when he sees the frustration on my face.

"What's wrong, love?" he asks as he wraps an arm around my waist, pulling me into him, and I gratefully sink into his embrace.

"Alice is off to bring in ANOTHER round of flower arrangements because I didn't like any of the other ones," I tell him.

"Hey, that's okay. I'm sure that you're going to find the right one."

"I know I will. I just feel bad that I have to keep sending her out to get more."

"I'm sure she doesn't mind."

"But I mind. I don't want to make all of this even more difficult for them."

"You're not being difficult," he says. "You're just trying to plan a wedding, Wren. And you have every right to not settle on anything because it's YOUR big day, and everybody here wants it to be perfect for you."

". . . So you're sure they don't hate me for being so indecisive?" I ask, and he nods his head with a little smile.

"Absolutely positive. Now. Do you want to help me with this decision?"

We turn back to look at the fabrics, and I run my hand across them.

"What are these for again?"

"Decorating for the reception."

"So basically, whatever we pick here will be the color scheme for the wedding?"

"Technically."

"So this is one of the biggest decisions we'll have to make then."

"It doesn't have to be," he says. "We just simply pick a color we like."

"Okay. . . Well, you said there's going to be gold in the color scheme, right?"

"Yeah. They have that in there since it's also a coronation."

I nod my head as I scan my eyes back over all of the different fabrics on the table. I stop on one of them and pick it up with a smile.

"How about forest green? It would go good with gold, wouldn't it?" I say, and he smiles back at me.

"It would go perfectly with it. Plus, it's your favorite color, so I think that it's the best decision we could make."

"Okay. One down. About a million more to go."

He chuckles before placing the fabric back down on the table and wrapping me up in his arms.

"Oh, please. You act like we haven't been planning this whole thing for three months already."

"Well, with all of the decisions we still have to make, it feels like we just started."

"Don't worry. We're halfway there, and before we know it, we'll be married, and all of this planning will be over," he tells me.

"OUR wedding planning will be over. But as Queen, I'll be in charge of planning every major event from here on out."