26: SUN AND MOON

(a short filler because i felt INCREDIBLY poetic on this wonderful 2 am. it was a mistake reading an actual printed book so late. the next chapter will be less poetic, i promise. i hope ..

you guys tell me if you like these though.)

🍁

Often, you'd describe yourself to be a night owl. Before your accident, you would stay up late at night and hate the mornings that came soon after. If you felt adventurous, you would sit at the very bow of the ship. You would enjoy looking up at the sky, counting the stars and guessing the names of the constellations. The feeling of being alone, yet no lingering feeling of loneliness. A silent hour where friendly thoughts are the only ones welcome.

Even in Inazuma, the night was the hour you cherished. In the nation of eternity where you were in constant suffering, you just couldn't stand the morning.

If the moon accompanied you, talked to you, served as your only friend as you cried, then the sun mocked. The sun that shined so radiantly, so warmly, even if you were tattered the night before. It felt unfair that the world continued to turn when yours resisted to.

Though right now, you felt wide awake. Alive.

For the first time, you felt grateful for the morning sun that peeked through your windows. Though it was warm and bright, it illuminated the room.

And the features of the man beside you.

His blonde lashes (that you don't often see) were very long and beautifully curled. His hair was messy, and his lips were slightly parted.

You were quite aware that Kazuha has seen you asleep multiple times. But this was your first time seeing him asleep. You must say, you wished you saw this more. He was a novelty. You could stare at him for hours if you didn't know better.

Strange.
How could you feel this much for a person?

Is it possible for a person to be this powerful? To the point where he can drive someone to love the ugliest, most ruthless of monsters? To the point where he can drive you to love the sun that you so strongly reject?

Sometimes, you thought maybe he was the sun, and you the moon. He was pleasant, warm, and bright. Everything you were not. At first, you disliked him, you couldn't understand him. Soon you realized, that the light that you had was only a mere reflection, a portion of the good that he shares.

Yet every day, the sun tells you that you are your own, not just a reflection.

And in your way, you are something to love.

With a deep sigh, you pushed away the strand of hair covering the man's face. Ethereal. That's all you could think of as you gaped.

This feeling overwhelmed you.

"Kazuha, I think I like you."