38: YOURS TRULY

Getting back to Yashiori Island, you could see Beidou start to board the Alcor. When the pirate caught sight of you and Kazuha, her eyes lit up.

"Hey! Do you guys plan to stay here in Inazuma?" Beidou asked. "We're headed back home for a bit. We'll come back once we know it's safe."

"So... Are you coming along with us?"

You and Kazuha glanced at each other, already knowing your final answer. You shook your head no while Kazuha gave an audible answer.

"Alright then... Just, stay safe. Okay? You two are valuable to the Crux." Beidou put an arm on each of your shoulders. "We'll miss you. I'll miss you."

"We'll miss you too, Captain." Kazuha starts. "But please, don't be so dramatic. I mean who knows, maybe—"

Beidou shushes the samurai. "Ah! Should've stopped at the 'We'll miss you too' part. Anyways, bye!"

"Say hello to Ningguang for us!"

"Hah, whatever! I'm not coming back for you, kid!"

The interaction between the two was close to a family dynamic. It was quite humorous and entertaining on your part.

"Well, you'll be stuck with me for a while," Kazuha said. "It's not like I mind being stuck with you." You reply.  "I enjoy it, actually."

You scurry off to read your letter, finding a dry spot to sit on. Kazuha followed suit yet decided not to read it with you. If it was a letter from Yui, it was incredibly personal. He still knew the unspoken boundaries.

You opened the sealed envelope, one that was clearly sophisticated. You wondered if Yui used an official Tenryou Commission envelope just for her letter to you. The thought made you snicker.

Always such a rebellious kid.

Though, she'd always act in secret. Despite her need to go against her family and the Tenryou Commission, she was still scared of them. You couldn't blame her. They were quite powerful, after all.

You stared at the gold calligraphy, already recognizing the girl's penmanship.

"Alright, what do you have for me..."

🍁

Dear Y/N,

I'm sure it was a long and treacherous journey, but I wish you made it out alive.

I don't blame you for leaving. I hope you know that. You were restrained by your life here in Inazuma, bound to cruelty and pain. I would leave, too, if I were you.

I just wish you told me that you wanted to leave. I would have helped you, you know.

A few days before your departure, I got information about your parents. Do you still remember when you asked me to find them?

I wanted to tell you but instead, I found Miss Yoimiya at my doorstep. My heart sank when she informed me of your whereabouts.

But then I felt relief.

Every day, I feared you'd get in trouble with the Nobushi. Every day, I wondered why you still stayed in Inazuma. I know of your suffering, so it never made sense.

Not until you left without warning me.

You stayed to protect me. That's why I felt relief.

Y/N, if you're alive and reading this, I hope you know I'm okay. You protected me once, but it's time you protect yourself full-time.

Now that you're on the path to creating a new life for yourself, free from your restraints, I want to follow that path too. I want to see the world and live outside the good girl image I've created.