Twenty-Three: Nice try, Kid.

I moved silently across the cold metal walkway of the tanker, the ice in my veins sharpening my senses as I approached Nat

I moved silently across the cold metal walkway of the tanker, the ice in my veins sharpening my senses as I approached Nat. She gave me a subtle nod, her eyes flicking between me and Ultron, who stood with the Maximoff twins, conversing with Klaue. Ultron had upgraded himself, towering over the others in a new, imposing metal form. But those beady red eyes? They were the same. The same eyes that I couldn't predict, couldn't read—couldn't see the future through.

"It's a thing with me," Ultron's voice grated against my nerves as he shook his metal head. "Stark is—he's a sickness!"

"Ah, junior." Tony's voice echoed through the tanker, and I watched as he emerged from the shadows, landing on the platform with that all-too-familiar cockiness. Thor and Steve followed closely behind, their footsteps heavy with determination. "You're gonna break your old man's heart."

"If I have to," Ultron replied coldly.

Thor's voice was calm, yet filled with the warning of a storm. "We don't have to break anything."

Ultron scoffed, and I felt a surge of ice in my chest, hardening my resolve as the tension mounted. The Maximoff twins—Pietro and Wanda—stood close to Ultron, their expressions hardened with anger as they eyed Tony.

"Clearly, you've never made an omelet," Ultron sneered.

Tony sighed, his frustration barely contained. "He beat me by one second."

I muttered under my breath, my irritation palpable. "Not the point, Tony."

Clint's chuckle brought a brief, fleeting lightness as he joined me and Nat. But it was a light that quickly faded.

"This is funny, Mr. Stark?" Pietro scoffed, his hands moving like quicksilver as he gestured around the tanker. "It's what, comfortable? Like old times?"

"This was never my life," Tony replied, his gaze shifting to the twins.

Steve's voice was firm, unyielding. "You two can still walk away from this."

Wanda's smirk was a dagger. "Oh, we will."

"I know you've suffered—" Steve began, but Ultron cut him off with a mocking groan.

"Ugh! Captain America, God's righteous man pretending you can live without war," Ultron spat, his words dripping with disdain. "I can't physically throw up in my mouth, but—"

Thor stepped forward, his voice a low rumble. "If you believe in peace, then let us keep it."

Ultron arched a metal brow, his tone almost amused. "I think you're confusing peace with quiet."

Tony's sarcastic nod was almost a challenge. "Yuh-huh," he quipped. "What is the Vibranium for?"

Ultron's grin was unsettling. "I'm glad you asked that, because I wanted to take this time to explain my evil plan—"