Episode 11:

Episode 11:
"Mark, just look away. You don't need to watch" I hear Sarah's voice go through my head. "You did this. This is your fault. It's your fault Max got his eye shot out and it's your fault I died!" I continue hearing Sarah's voice.

I spring out of bed sweating of that dream. I look around and see everyone still asleep. I get out of bed and go to the café. I grab a water bottle and drink some. "Can't sleep?" I turn around and see Miranda standing there.

"No. Why are you up?"I ask back to her taking another sip.

"To worried about Simon. I can't sleep while he might be in danger... I'm sad Zach couldn't make it back but... people die all the time all the time now"

"Yeah, he liked you, you know. He said when he gets back he would of asked how you felt. Anyway I don't really want to talk about him. We can't look back anymore. All we can do is keep looking forward" I say.

"So why can't you sleep?" Miranda asks.

"My wife... She died I think a month or two ago. I still have this dream going through my brain. The moment she died. I just can't forget, even though I keep saying to myself 'keep moving forward' I just can't"

"I get it. My husband... He died at the start of this whole thing, but I still think about him. But I think it's time to... move on" Miranda moves forward to me and puts her hand on my chest. "I'm sick of being... alone"

I don't say anything and look down at her. I put my hand on her cheek and move my face closer to hers. I then kiss her. She moves closer and kisses me more.

"Dad?" I hear Max. I stop kissing Miranda and Max walks in. "What is it Max?"

"I woke up and saw you weren't there. I need to make sure your ok"

I smile at him "I'm fine. You should go back to sleep" I turn to Miranda "I guess I'll get back to bed. Goodnight" she smiles back at me.

I walk Max back to the bed and we both go back to sleep.

-Next morning-

I wake up with sun shining into the shop. I walk out and see everyone eating breakfast. I sit down next to Max at the table and start eating baked beans. I look at the end of the table and see Miranda. She smiles and I smile back.

I go back to my bed and get Casey out of her crib. I hold her and go back to the group. I grab some formula and feed her. "Hey dad, can I go outside for the first time in a week" Max asks. I nod and follow Max, Laura and Simon outside. They run around and kick the football.

"It's the first time Simon has smiled since his father died. Haven't met a lot of children" Miranda says standing behind me.

"Max is the same. He hasn't gotten to be a kid since this thing started- even though I told him he needs to grow up. Big mistake"

We hear gun shots which sounded not that far away. "Hey! Kids! Let's get inside" I say. We go back inside and sit down at the table. We sit there for about 10 minutes before we hear something.

"You guys are going to leave now. And there ain't anything you can do. Lift your guns or any weapons we will kill you" I hear a voice say. I look down the hall and see a man with long black hair and a long beard standing there with another 10 to 15 people behind him.