Episode 3:

//before I start sorry for the huge break. I'm back and I'll be posting a lot//

Episode 3:
I wake up the next day with the sun shining in my face. I look to the left of me and see a clock. 11:26 Am. Biggest sleep in I've had for a long time. I turn around and look to the right seeing that Casey is not in the crib. I jump out of my bed and run outside. There stand people in the street. I run around and yell "Where's my baby! Where's Casey!"

"Wow, wow, rick calm down. Casey's with my friend, Terry. She's a mother. Casey was crying so I took her to Terry. Thought you'd want to sleep in" Cassie puts her hand on my shoulder.
"Take me to her" I say. Cassie nods quickly and takes me to a house. We walk inside and see Casey playing with baby toys. "I told you... she's safe" Cassie says. "Now, Samuel needs to see you"

I follow Cassie to the city and we enter into a small building. Cassie knocks on the door and we wait. "Come in" the voice calls out. Cassie opens the door and there's a man sitting there on a chair in front of a table.

"Oh Mark. Rory told me stuff about you. I hear you slept for a whole day yesterday..." I look around the room. There are paintings of battleships. "Oh sorry, I should have introduced myself. I'm Samuel, the leader to this community. Now Mark, I need to ask you a few questions before you get settled in here"

I stand there still not saying anything and just nodding.

"Ok then, well I have five questions. They aren't hard. This will only take a second. Ok, first question- what were you before all of this?"

I look at him weirdly thinking, why is he asking me this? "Does it matter?" I ask back to him.

"Of course it does. Now can you just answer the question"
"A cop"
"Thank you. Now... have you killed people?"
"Yes. I don't know how many but I have. Then again who hasn't?" I ask.
"Me. I haven't. Next question... well this one isn't really a question... I need to take your weapons. We can give you a knife but any guns or any big melee weapons we need to take"
I nod. "It's at my house"

He takes a big breath and looks at me "how long were you out there?"
"Since the start" I reply to his question.
"Have you lost anyone?" he asks me.
"Of course. Who hasn't? I lost everyone. All I have is my daughter. I think since the start I've met about 30 or more people... there all gone. Well some aren't dead. My son and a little girl were taken. Apparently you have a man here named Dan. I need to meet him. He has black skin"
Samuel looks at me for a second "Yes, he's here. He's actually just at the walls keeping watch" he says.

I stand up and run outside. I go to the wall and look up at the men "Dan?!" I yell up there. "Someone say my name?" a man turns around.

He looks at me and straight away I know its Dan. He walks down and we look at each other for a second "Mark?" he asks. I nod not knowing what to say. He grabs my shirt and hugs me. "I'm sorry I left you behind at that horrible place" he whispers. He gets out of the hug still with his hands on my shoulder "Where's Sarah? Where's Max? I bet he's all grown up now" he smiles at me for a second, and then slowly the smile goes as well. He must of just looked at me and seen my pain "Shit. I'm sorry"

"The guy from the place you escaped killed Sarah. Another asshole took Max. I don't even know if he's alive or not. The guy had a big beard and long black hair" I look up at Dan and he had a scared look on his face. "What's wrong?"

"Your son's with Nate"
"Who's Nate?"
"I'm sorry but your son's either dead or Nate's newest pet. He takes boys in, trains them into these soldiers. He learnt that teaching kids would be easier then teaching adults. And that little girl, I'm sorry but she's defiantly dead. He rapes them then kills them. I'm sorry but... there gone"