Episode 2:

Episode 2:
"Hey! Open the gates. I got a new guy!" Rory yells up. I look up at the big metal walls. Four men pop their heads up "Does he have weapons?" they yell down. I look down at the fire axe tightly in my hand. "Can I take that?" Rory asks. I shake my head no "No. I'm keeping it"

Rory just nods and they open the gates. There stands a woman, maybe a few years younger then me. "Welcome to Northwood" she says smiling. "My names Cassie and I'll be showing you around. We'll firstly go to where your new house will be"

I nod and follow her to a street. I look and everything seems... normal. I feel a weird feeling going through my head. I look at the houses in the street. The street is about 300 metres long houses everywhere. Cassie takes me to a house near the end and stops walking "This is where you'll be staying. There's also a crib in there for your baby. She's very cute you know" I nod at her still feeling a bad sensation going through me. "If we go inside we can drop your bag in your room" she says giving me a key to the house. I walk up the porch stairs and unlock the door.

Unlocking a door. That's something I haven't done in a while. I open the door and walk inside. I look around at the clean and white walls. Cassie takes me to a bedroom and I see a king size bed in it. I put my bag on the ground and my fire axe on the table at the end of the bed. "Now if you follow me, I'll show you the rest of the place" Cassie says. I nod and follow her out of the house.

We walk up the street and I soon see a farm. The area of the farm was about a football field size. "Now this is our farm. We grow vegetables. And get fresh milk from our cows" Cassie says. "Now let's go to the next area"

We walk along the fence of the farm and soon get to a city looking place "now if we have any meetings we meet just down there at the stage. The door to get in and out is just down that road. You are welcome to leave or come at anytime, just remember that those doors don't open after dinner and after breakfast. That's really all I need to show you. If you need anything I'm in the house next to you or I'm usually just walking around" Cassie finishes.

"You want me to walk you back to your house?"
"Oh um, no thanks. I'll be fine" I say back still surprised about this place.

"Can I ask- what happened to your fingers, I mean the ones that are gone? Why only two? Did it happen after or before the outbreak?" Cassie asks.
"After the outbreak. Some assholes cut them off. They were going to eat them. I was with my wife, son and a friend who saved me. His name was Dan. He was a good man"
"Dan? We have a Dan here, well we have about three. I think you should get some rest then we'll introduce you to everyone"

I nod and walk back to my house and go into the bedroom. I put Casey in the crib and lie on the bed. For the first time in a long time I actually felt safe. I slowly close my eyes and fall asleep.

-Next morning-
I wake up slowly and open my eyes. I look outside and see it's dark. I pick Casey up and go outside.

Street light? I haven't seen street lights in a very long time. I walk down the street and go to the front gates. I see Rory and some other guys on a ledge keeping watch. Rory walks down the ladder to me "you decide to leave already?" he asks. "No. I don't think I'll be leaving for a while. I never thanked you. Firstly you saved me from the walkers then brought me to this community and now me and my baby are safe" I say back smiling.

"No need to thank me. I just hope that baby has a good life. Just rest for the night and I'll show you more stuff tomorrow"

"See you tomorrow"
"oh and tomorrow Samuel is going to have a talk to you. Nothing bad, he just needs to get to know you. Goodnight" she says smiling. I smile back and walk back to my house.
I put Casey in the crib and go back to the bed.