Episode 13:

Chapter 13:
-Week later-
We've stayed at the library for the rest of the week so that Laura has time to get over Lisa's death. But a week later Laura is finally talking and her and Max are back to normal.

I'm on the roof like always, keeping watch. I look in the distance and see 2 figures walking towards us. I see that there humans. I climb down the ladder and get my gun out of its holster. "Wow, we don't want any trouble. Please don't shoot us" the man says. I see he's carrying a hospital bag "You just come from the hospital?" I ask. "No, I- I'm doctor" he replies. I don't trust him but we need a doctor for Sarah when she has the baby.

After talking to these people I let them into the ground but still kept an eye on them. The doctor's name is Zach and the girls name is Taylor. I go inside and show them around and I realise that Kev, Rex, Greg and Corinna are gone. I look at Zach and Taylor angrily, thinking that they might have done something. I point my handgun at Zach's head. "Where's our people?!" I yell at him. "I swear we haven't done anything" Zach says scared. "You come, and four of our people are gone. I know you've done something!" I yell at him again. He stops talking and just looks at me scared. I stop pointing my gun at him.

I walk to will and Patrick playing with toys. "Have you seen your father or mother anywhere?" I ask. They shake their heads saying no.

"Everybody down!" five men come storming into the library with shotguns and assault rifles. I grab Will and Patrick and shove them in a cupboard which is for clothes. "Stay here" I whisper and walk out to the others. I see everyone kneeling down with their hands tied. "What the fuck do we have here?" one of them says and knocks me to the ground. "you don't want to do this" I warn them.

"Well, look at this sexy woman" one of them say looking at Sarah. "No please down" I say. "But boss, look. She's pregnant" another one of them say to the other. "That will make it better" he says and grabs Sarah and pulls her into a room. "No!" I stand up trying to run to him. They knock me to the ground. I try getting back up but they still knock me down. I stand back up but another man tackles me to the ground. He opens his mouth and starts biting my ear. I yell in pain. He looks at me and spits my ear lobe out of his mouth. I lie there in pain but there's still no way these dickheads are getting away with this. I hear Sarah screaming from the room next to us. I hear gun shots and see Max standing there shooting the men "Leave my dad alone!" he yells and keeps shooting. He shoots two of them until another tackles him to the ground. I then see Rex and Kev come in and shoot the other two.

I stand up and walk inside the room that Sarah is in. I pull the guy off of her and start punching him. I grab my knife and stab him in the stomach. I slowly lift it cutting up his stomach. "Mark! Stop!" Sarah yells. I look up at her. "My- my water broke" She says. I stand up forgetting about my ear and lay her down on the bed. Zach comes in and starts doing what doctors do. I stand there and hold Sarah's hand.

I don't know how long it's been, but it's been a while, a few hours. "The heads out. Now you only have to get the shoulders out then it'll be ok" Zach says. Sarah pushes and screams. "It's a boy" Zach says and wraps the baby in a towel. He hands me the baby and I hold him in my arms. "Now mark, let me check your ear" Zach says. I nod and give Sarah the baby. I sit and let Zach do what he has to do. He cleans and wraps it. "Your hearing won't be as good but it's all good. The whole ear lobe is gone though" Zach says.

I go back to Sarah and the baby and watch them. I let Max in and we all sit there. "So, what's her name?" Max asks. "How about... Casey?" Sarah asks. I remember that was her mother's name. She dies of cancer when Sarah was 19. I smile at her "I think that's a great name. Casey it is" I say.