Episode 14:

Episode 14:
Rex, Kev and I with Casey are walking down the road. Follow the tire tracks of a car that we're guessing was from the group who took Max and Laura. "We've been walking for nearly 2 days Mark. I hate to say it but... their gone" Rex says.

I look at him with an angry face "I'm not going to give up on my son Rex. I can't just give up"

"I know but-"
"But nothing. I'm going to keep looking for them"
"I think we should just go to Northwood. We've been talking about it ever since we met you. I think it's time for us to go, No matter what. Just do what we do and get to this Northwood place, that's if it's real. Come on Mark, even Sarah-"
"Don't talk about Sarah! She's dead! She's gone! Yes, she wanted to get to Northwood, but that didn't happen. So don't talk about her!" I turn to look at Rex with Casey in my arms.
"Ok. I won't. But we should go. Maybe Max and Laura are there somehow. And we're only about 2 days walk from where people say it is"

I look at Rex and nod. We continue walking.

"You know, you shouldn't be just walking in the middle of the road" I turn around and see a man. Maybe in his 20s standing there holding a handgun in his hand. "But seriously, you should be walking through the woods. It's harder for people to see you" he continues talking.

"What do you want?" I ask.
"I have a camp. Maybe 20 survivors. It's a small camp but with the people we have it stays strong. I've been watching you guys and you handle yourselves pretty well. We are actually bringing people in"
"Maybe Max and Laura are there" Kev whispers to me.
"Sure but, try anything and we'll kill you" I yell over at the man.

We walk to the guy and follow him into the woods. "Are we there yet? Its been half an hour" Rex asks.
"yes we are. Right here" he says.

We walk and there are tents everywhere. There's a wire going are the camp. There's a fire and a big piece of metal above the fire. I look to the left and see a cage with people in it. "Get out of here!" they yell at us. I turn around but get stopped by about ten men standing there pointing guns at us.

"What is this place?" I ask.
"Don't worry. We'll feed you. Your our newest pets" the guy says.
"You mother fuck-" I get knocked.

I wake up tied to a tree. I look at the tree next to me and there's Rex as well tied to it. I look at a small box next to me and see Casey in it. "Don't worry. We didn't hurt the baby" one of the men says.

"Where's our other friend?" I look up at them.
"We've decided that we'll put on a show for you two. Your friend is the main performance. Ready boys, and action" they says.

They bring Kev out with no shirt on. They drag him nearly the fire. "You know what happens to metal when it's near fire? It gets hot. Sometimes even hot enough to burn people face off. Just to show you what that's like, we have our new pet, Kev to show us" the guy in the 'play' says.

I try to get my hands out of the ropes but I'm tied up to well. Two guys grab the big piece of metal and lay it on the ground. Another guy grabs Kev and pushes him closer to the metal. They push Kev's face against the burning metal and he starts yelling. I could see his skin melting. I couldn't look at it. I turn my look and look away.

Boom! Boom! Gun shots came from the woods shooting the people burning Kev's face. The people come out of the woods and kill the other men. They go to Kev and start fixing it. One man came to me and untied me "Don't worry, we won't hurt you" he says and goes to Rex and unties him. I grab Casey and stand up.

I walk to Kev but one of the people stop me "Sorry but we work better without an audience. I walk away and wait.

After about 15 minutes they stop and come to me and Rex "Your friend is fine. Give him this once a day. Now you just need to wait for him to wake up. Goodbye" one says handing me a bag with medicine in it. They all them just suddenly run away.

"What the hell just happened? Who were they?" Rex says looking at me. I shrug my shoulder and walk to Kev. He's passed out and has a bandage over one side of his face.

-1 day later-
Kev finally wakes up and slowly opens his eyes. "Oh shit. It's like my face is on fire" he says sitting up.

"Yeah, it will" I say to him.

"Mark. why isn't your baby being quiet?" Rex says holding Casey as she cries. I take Casey from Rex and feed her some formula. "We don't have much left, maybe a day's worth of formula. We need to hurry and get to Northwood" I say.

"Let's go" Kev says standing up.
"No, you can't go. You need to rest" Rex says.
"No. let's go. Big herd of walkers coming this way" I grab my bag and put it on my back.

We grab our supplies. The walkers get close. I knock the first walker to the ground and stomp on his head. I run through the woods. The herd was bigger than I thought. Walkers are everywhere. I keep running with walker's hands swinging for me. I look back and see Kev and Rex not far behind.

I look forward and there's a walker right in front of me. I put my free arm out and just stop it from biting Casey. My arm gets tired and it's only a few centimetres away from Casey. My arm slips and the mouth of the walkers comes forward about to bite Casey.

Rex swings his arm in and puts his arm in front of the walker's mouth causing the walker to bite him, stopping the walker from biting Casey. I look at Rex with blood pouring out of his arm. He bashes the walkers head on the tree. "I'm already dead, follow me" Rex says. he runs punching any walker in the way.

One grabs him and bites his shoulder. I kick the walker off and we continue running. As we run more walkers grab Rex and bite him. Kev and I help and push the walkers off. Rex continues running and soon we make it out of the herd.