nightmares

Max Mayfeild imagine
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Y/N's POV:

It was late at night and Max wanted me to stay over at her place. She had recently moved into a trailer park with her mom. I knocked on her door and waited for someone to answer. "hey, thanks for coming" Max stated. I nodded as she  welcomed me inside. "Follow me" Max said quietly trying not to wake her mom. I followed Max into her room.
- Time skip -
Max and I were playing some board games and taking about random stuff. I really liked Max but her and Lucas are dating, well were dating.
"uh hey, you wanna go to sleep now" Max said looking at me. "yea" I said standing up trying to remember what we were doing.
We both took turns using the bathroom and brushing are teeth. "oh um do I- I can sleep on the floor" I said not knowing if Max would be comfortable with me sleeping on her bed. "no it's fine" She said with a shrug. I nodded at her trying to get comfortable in her bed.

Max's POV:
I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I kept getting reoccurring nightmares about Billy's death. I had the same repeated nightmare every night, and I didn't know how to stop them. I woke up sweaty with heavy breathing as my nightmare went to far. I looked around to see Y/n's eyes. I panicked as she hugged me. I hugged her as tight as I could hoping my dreams would just go away. Which they sorta did. Y/n made me feel calm and safe. "sh, it's okay" she said peacefully. "Max are you okay?" She asked me. "no" I said with a sniffle. "I've been having dreams about Billy's death. Scary dreams" I said. Y/n looked at me with worried eyes as she kept hugging me tightly. "I'm sorry max, I'll promise you'll be okay and I'll try everything I can to protect you" she said giving me a kiss on the head. Although I just had a nightmare I did get this feel of butterflies. I had started to find my feeling for Y/n and that's why I think she was able to calm me down.
I pulled away from the hug and stared at y/n. Slowly leaning in for a small kiss. We both pulled away. "Thank you for being there for me" I said with a slight smile.
"No problem" y/n said with a blush