Brother

Sirius' POV

I walk out of the common room. I don't know where I'm going, maybe I'll go to y/n's room, but I just want to see Regulus. He's probably in the library, he is a bookworm, so I check there first.

"He's a traitor, Regulus! You cannot seriously still see him as your brother! What will your parents say?" I hear Bellatrix's voice from around the corner, whispers then retreating footsteps.

"Hey." I say as I see my brother lean back against a bookshelf.

"Merlin! You scared me. What do you want?" He asks untrustingly.

"Heard you met y/n today. Hope you weren't too mean." I joke standing next to him, so we are shoulder to shoulder.

"Bella was mean. Well, Bella was Bella." He says making me laugh a little. "Y/n seems nice. She's strong. Definitely didn't need Potter to defend her."

"I bet. Just one look from her would have mum scared to death." We both laugh but he stops quickly. "How are you?" I ask, turning to face him.

"I don't really know. I don't think I have control of my own feelings anymore." He sighs.

"Run away. Get away from them. You can start a new life." I try to convince him but notice a small tear running down his face.

"I can't." He slowly lifts his sleeve revealing a dark mark on his forearm. "I'm so sorry." He sobs and I take a step back. He's only a kid!

"Reggie..." I reach out for him but he rushes off down the corridor to the dungeons.

I don't know what to do now. He's my baby brother. Those evil, horrible people are ruining his life and I can't stop it.

Walk. I'll go for a walk.
I exit the castle, realising just how late it is. If I get caught I'll have detention at least. With all the animals around this school I know it's dangerous but I don't know what else I can do. Gradually my walk becomes a run and I end up at the edge of the lake and the forest. I stop and look at my surroundings, suddenly I fall to my knees crying. I can't stop myself.

I don't know how long I stay there until I feel someone's arms around my shoulders. I know who it is immediately.

"It's ok to cry. It's ok to scream if you want to. I'll stay with you." He says in his calm, beautiful voice.

"Thank you." I whisper leaning into the chest of the love of my life.

Peter's POV

"Why aren't they back? Do you think Sirius is hurt? Or Remus? We have to find them! Where's the map?" James rambles walking around our dorm.

"Remus took the map. They'll be fine. It's late, I want to go to sleep, so please, I am begging you, shut up!" I say throwing my blankets over my head to block out the light of James' wand.

I don't usually talk to James like that but I'm so tired. It's hard to keep up with the marauders when you have so much on your mind. And y/n. She's getting in the way of everything. Lily and James are supposed to get together. How can I convince a cunning, intelligent Ravenclaw to break James' heart?