Special

Y/n's POV

I jumped onto James' back and whispered in his ear. "Hey handsome." I saw a blush rise to his cheeks. I get off him and start running around the room.

We run around for a while, as the others laugh at us, until James catches me and tackles me to the floor.

"Hey beautiful." He whispers to me as he lays on top of me.

"Get off me you big oaf." I laugh, pushing him away.

Sirius and Remus leave for study date, while James sat on the couch with me while I read.

"What are you reading?" He ask, looking over my shoulder.

"The Outsiders." I answer turning the page.

"What's it about?"

"Boys who get in trouble with the law."

"Sounds fun. Can you read it out loud?" He asks moving closer.

" "Stay gold, Ponyboy, stay gold." " I begin but before I can continue James cuts me off.

"What does that mean?" He asks.

"How about I just give you a recap. Or even better, you can read it yourself." I suggest closing the book and turning to look at him.

"Okay, hand it over."

"No. You can borrow Remmy's copy." I smile.

"Fine. But now I have your attention, can we talk?" He asks, throwing the book over to my bed.

"Yeah. What's up?" I ask, resting my head on his shoulder.

"I know you don't want to date me right now. But I need to know if I should wait around or if I need to move on." He says in an uncommonly serious tone. My eyes widen in shock.

"I- I do want to." I mumble.

"You what?" He asks, in complete shock.

"I do want to date you. Now." I say a bit more confidently.

"Well then, I'll pick you up at 6!" He yells rushing out of the room. It was already five thirty.

As I'm getting ready, I start getting a little nervous. What if James was only supposed to be my friend.

I get put a knit sweater over my shirt and black jeans and put some lip gloss and mascara on when I realise there are still two minutes before six. And I have nothing more to do. I sit on the couch and wait for James.

There are three knocks on my door before he opens it.

"Hello." I greet him as I walk over to him.

"You look nice. C'mon, lets go." He says, grabbing my hand and rushing out of the door.

"Where are we going?" I ask, laughing.

"It's a surprise." He smiles as we walk up to a wall.

"What is-" I start but I stop myself when I see a door apear. "Woah."

We walk in to see a large room, decked out in fairy lights and flowers with a blanket and a basket in the middle.

"Do you like it? I wanted it to be special. Do you hate it? Oh you hate it don't you?" James sighs looking around then back at me.

"I love it!" I exclaim, engulfing him in a hug.

"Come sit, I got some food as well." He says happily, leading me over to the blanket.