The Performance

Walking across the main square of Caras Galadhon, you were met with sunlight, and petals falling from the sky. Rumil and Orophin had you all laughing as you walked, telling stories of adventures the brothers had as children, which inevitably lead to Haldir taking the blame for most trouble. You began to ascend the carved stairs, as Rumil and Orophin walked before you. You turned, the sun in your face, the wind through your hair and laughing, reaching for Haldir's hand as he quickly reminded the brothers that they still owe him from their childhood.

There on the square, stood Lady Galadriel and Lord Celeborn. The lady smiling serenely, as she now saw her first vision come to pass. What was not apparent in her earlier vision, is that her Marchwarden was the one to make you laugh so.

"I must speak with them." You told the brothers three, and they said they would await you.

You ran over to them and greeted them with a slight bow, hand on heart. They returned the gesture, true smiles all round.

"My Palantiriel, I never thought I would see you both until we were reunited in Valinor." You grasped the Lady's hand.

"As did we, Sellig (daughter). Now come, you must promise to sing for us all tonight. For those of us that remember, gift us and forge new wonder with those who don't."

You could not refuse this offer, and graciously accepted, albeit with reservation.

You heard Galadriel enter your mind as you left to get the three brothers, "I know not why you have returned to us, Gaeariel, but know that you are welcome here until we find out. I know you have felt the darkness since your arrival, but we can only watch and wait until all is clear."

You nodded and made your way back to Haldir. He commented he had no idea you were so close to the Lord and Lady, whereas Rumil and Orophin laughed, saying now they knew someone close to the Lords and Lady, they were bound to have better seats at the feast.

Your hand searched for Haldir's as you walked to the huge expanse of open garden where the celebration would take place. Everything was as how you remembered, but the nerves were getting the better of you. You came to the gate of the garden, and your entrance was announced by a snooty looking ellon.

"Here enters Marchwarden Haldir with the Lady of the Sea, Gaeariel."

Thousands of elves turned round and looked, in shocked silence. You stood looking at Haldir, imploring for an escape or explanation, until one by one the elves stood up and cheered.

"They are happy at your return, my lady." Haldir smiled. You looked around the garden. There were many elves here. Not just form Lorien, you knew the look of elves from Mirkwood and recognised the colours from the house of Imladris.

Rumil and Orophin were correct, you, Haldir and them were seated at the top table, reserved for the Lord and Lady of Lorien, Thranduil of Mirkwood, Lord Elrond and other esteemed guests.

"Of course, the first time you actually attend the feast of love you get the good seats, brother!" Rumil teased Haldir.

You were seated next to a noble elf who's bloodline you reconised as Noldor, but whose identity you did not. He made a wide sweeping gesture as he declared, "I am told you will be singing for us tonight, Lady Gaeariel. A gift we shall be most thankful for" and raised his glass to the air as other elves did the same.

"Yes, although a gift I am not sure. It has been a long time." You said diplomatically.

"Performing with Lord Elrond, no less. A truly once in a lifetime opportunity the Valar have blessed us with!"